Thread: Adopting a cat...

Adopting a cat...

We are sure that we are adopting a cat / kitten now. I am a little worried *but mostly excited* about adopting. Is there anything I should be worried about / ready for, when adopting my new cat?

I fell in love with a cat named Rain on the internet, and hopefully, if the weather isn't bad, we will be going to look at some of the cats at our humane society.

I was hoping some of you that foster, or have adopted before, could tell me what I should expect, or be ready for when bringing a new family member home...

-Thanks!!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Congratulations! Depending on the place you adopt from you might take home the same day or need to wait. Ask if they test their cats for FeLV/FIV and if they are up to date on shots. Ask if the cat has experience with dogs. Just have fun and make a wise choice, it is for a lifetime of love

In 2002, we went to a shelter to choose a new cat. We had seen some pretty ones on the internet too, so we went to this place!
    As soon as we entered the cats' room, our Maya started meowing as moud as she could, and begged to be petted. Of course, we went to all the other cages too, but Maya didn't stop calling us, untill we took her out of her cage. She calmed down and started purring immediately! See, she choose us!!

When you go to your shelter, don't just focus on that one cat you saw on internet; walk to all the cages, and speak to ALL the cats. Be me, the cat that's meant to be with you, will let you know!!

Success!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

The trouble,will be in picking among,those Meeoowing Little Fcaes,that are saying ,Pick Me,Im the one! Pick Me! I need a home.PLEASE!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS