Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orangie female

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Orangie female

Today a friend told me that she and her husband are looking to adopt an orangie. They have a male tabby who does not like other males at all, so they are looking for a female. Which got me to thinking, I don't think I've ever seen an orangie female. Are orangies more commonly male?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

We have a lot of PTers with orange females. CCL's Stubby, Jazzcats' Scout and Jenluckenbach's Amber ore just a few.

I do know that they are not at all like their mellow brothers though. They tend to have some serious attitude... oh female orangie moms, where are you?

Kim beat me to it. Callie occurs to me as well.

I have heard that males are much more common and have sweet dispositions.

We sure do have quite a few females here, though!! I will be interested to hear if the girlz have the same mellow attitude. Dylan's sweetie is Stubby and I can tell you she is NOT mellow Good thing Dylan likes them full of spitfire!!

Don't forget about my Pumpkin
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Orangie's have GREAT dispositions!! Male or female, although males are more common than females in that color.
    Last edited by moosmom; 01-13-2005 at 07:20 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by neko1
    Don't forget about my Pumpkin
    Yup, I just thought of Pumpkin!! Some other orange girlz too - Marigold, gini's Annie & Emma, Kim's Marmalade...I bet there are some I am forgetting!

I would like to hear more from orange female moms - about their dispositions though.

Callie isn't very mellow...she is extremely demanding and into everything. She meows/cries constantly but she is absolutely perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better personality--none of my cats like back scratches (the real hard kind where you go up and down the spine) more than her, she does this sweet little noise whenever she is getting really good lovins' (rrrrooowwww), she loves to wrestle with her brother, run throughout the house at 4 AM and sound like a pack of wild horses..I so love her!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Yes, 80% of the time orangies will be male, but the other 20% of the time they will be female. For an orangie to be female, the mother and the father need to be orange, whereas only one of the parents need only carry the orange gene for a male cat to be orange

Yup...80% of orangies are males. And female orangies..........well, let's just say they are not the lovable lunks their male counterparts are (at least not the ones that I have met)

Pumpkin is a daddy's girl. She loves to sit in his lap and she also loves to ride on my shoulders. She starts to purr purr when you just talk to her!

But, she has her moods and can be quite the witch. She tends to get quite cranky around dinner time and proceeds to smack around the other cats if they get near her.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Thanks guys. We just got back from Adopt-a-Cat. Out of 140 kittes, there was not a single orange girl. I'll let her know not to give up hope. They are out there.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

She can have Amber! (shhhhhhh....don't tell Charlie)

My Scout is an orange female and she is a real sweetie, to me, but I don't think anyone else in the house would agree. She tolerates Jazz, the kittens and my husband but she HATES Ripley and I do mean hates him. I just don't understand it.

From Decker with Love

Theres a really cute orangie female at my local shelter... She's so beautiful.

They had 2 others but they were just adopted. Its the first I've ever seen orange females around here.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

RB Butterscotch, sweetest dispostion I've ever known before Skinny, Thumper and Eleanor. Yes, males tend to dominate.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor