Thread: Help me, Aussie or Pointer?

Help me, Aussie or Pointer?

Copied from dog breeds, as we get more attention here on general and I need to make up my mind quick

I thought I was certain on wanting an Aussie but I stumbled across the English Pointer and they are awesome dogs. I've done tons & tons of research on both breeds and know everything about both breeds and both breeds suit me, my needs & my lifestyle just perfect, the same.
    I am having a very tough time deciding. I need to soon though so I can get on a waiting list.

Oh and I have found the perfect breeder for both breeds, both located in PA

Any ideas how to decide between the 2?
    Any suggestions, facts, stories about either breed that may make my decisioin easier?

How would you decide between the 2 perfect breeds for you?

Thanks pt'ers!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

All i can say is go with your heart . Is it possible to go and spend some time with the breeders dogs, that may help with the decision.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I think thats a great idea!! If you live close to the breeders ask if you can spend some time with her dogs and it will help you decide what breed you really want. Also since the Aussie was what you wanted for so long I'd really think about it because if you choose the other even though you love the dog you may regret it since thats the breed you've always wanted. Good Luck let us know how you get on.

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I've always loved Aussie's.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

find a mix of both!

or....more realistacly i'd go with the one that comes to you first. if a pointer breeder has pups first get a pointer. if the aussie breeder has pups forst get an aussie.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Originally posted by Jods
    I think thats a great idea!! If you live close to the breeders ask if you can spend some time with her dogs and it will help you decide what breed you really want. Also since the Aussie was what you wanted for so long I'd really think about it because if you choose the other even though you love the dog you may regret it since thats the breed you've always wanted. Good Luck let us know how you get on.
    Actually the breed I've truely wanted the most for the longest is a BC, but I am afraid they are just a *touch* on the high strung side for me at the moment.

And to everyone that stated to meet with the parents, I have actually met the Aussie mom last year and another dog fromt hat breeder.

And both are out of state and time is very limited.

All of the pointers from that breeder are bird dogs, granted some live in the house and they do have personalities, but I am afraid that they will be quite different from that of a pup that is raised for a pet. does that make sense?
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.