Thread: Cat Spaying: Needs Advice

Cat Spaying: Needs Advice

Hi everyone,

This is my cat Precious. I took these pix using my cellphone just this morning. She will be 2 yrs. old this coming February. I would like to have her spayed... Is it advisable for her to be spayed even if she will be 2 yrs. old already? Is it dangerous for her age? What will be the advantages and disadvantages to have her spayed?

Please advise me on this.

Thank you all!
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

Definately have her spayed. It can be done at any age. The health advantages are that she won't be apt to go out looking for toms and possibly getting hurt, and I think it mught help prevent cancer.

Two is still very young, so she should come through the surgery with flying colors. Are you planning on just the spay or any other proceedure while she is under the anesthesia (sp?)

Originally posted by catnapper
    Definately have her spayed. It can be done at any age. The health advantages are that she won't be apt to go out looking for toms and possibly getting hurt, and I think it mught help prevent cancer.

Two is still very young, so she should come through the surgery with flying colors. Are you planning on just the spay or any other proceedure while she is under the anesthesia (sp?)

Im sorry, but what are the other procedures??

Thanks.,
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

I vote YES for spay. No problem at all. As for "other procedures" I don't want to speak for anyone else but Catnapper might be referring to tattooing or teeth cleaning, or anything else that requires anesthesia. Hope I'm right CN.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

My vote is 100% for spaying her. She's young and its totally safe. It'll only bring positive things for her healthwise.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...