Thread: What do you think he is?

What do you think he is?

My Dog was purchased at a pet shop near where i live. I was told he was half chihuahua and half yorkie, but he is about 13 pounds, bigger than either of those breeds... any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Theres definetly some Yorkie in that colour scheme and somewhat of the body...face and the rest of the body though, I'm seeing SOME Jack Russell!

I'm not sure, Jacks sometimes weigh in around there! The ears though, Jack Russells usually have those down, but can have them up too! I'm not too sure!

I see Jack Russell in the face structure and stuff though!

Jack is possable, and Yorkie. and its quite common for a jack to have pricky ears, mine does. but then again those ears make me think Silky terrier, they look alot like yorkies, and they have ears like that.

Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

i'm seeing yorkie and jack russel terrier. whatever he is he's adorable!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I'm also going to go with Yorkie/JRT.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Silkies have ears and coloring like that, and are somewhat bigger than Yorkies, I think. In any case, he's allllll cutiepie!

Well, poorly bred Yorkies (the one they use for petshops) now look very much like bow-legged Silkies. I wouldn't be surprised if that was, indeed, a Yorkie/Chihuahua. Besides, petshop breeders usually breed with a kennel full of in-heat "purebred" (if you can call it that) females and throw a male dog of a different breed in that kennel. The male does his work, you know what breed the puppies will be, and the breeder gets his/her filthy, filthy money.

I was going to say Yorkie/Fox Terrier.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by lute
    i'm seeing yorkie and jack russel terrier. whatever he is he's adorable!
    I quite agree.
    One of my friend has a jack russell/yorkie cross that looks just like your dog.

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

He very well could be a Yorkie/Chihuahua, I see both in him. Like Giselle said, petstores do not use the best of breeds to breed, and a lot of the breeds standards are not there.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

11. He looks like a Yorkie/JRT to me too.