Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Request Suggestions.

wow, he is gorgeous!! you're so nice to take care of the poor guy. It sounds like he isn't too horribly injured, but maybe try spending time whenever you can sitting out near where he is, and you might be able to gain his trust and get him some medical attention? I'm sure that if you were able to take him to the vet a rescue group or the SPCA would pay for it.

Maybe you could build/buy him a dog house where you usually see him so he can have some shelter?

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    What a gorgeous dog. Is there anywhere you could build him/her some shelter of some sort? At least that way the dog could get out of the elements to some degree How did you find out the dog's story?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Do you know if this dog is a Husky or Malamute?

Here are some rescue contacts in your area for either breed.

Husky

http://shccrescue.com/

http://www.bcsiberianhuskyclub.com/

Malamute

http://www.malamuterescue.com/rescue.html

Try contacting these places to see if they can help rescue him. They would probably have foster homes or a shelter more capable of dealing with rehabilitating him.

I came about his story thru posters and newpaper adds. I've spoken with the previous owners. They are @@$H0L5!!! I have some sort of plan, but, is has a few kinks in the system. First is, I already have pets and I've no idea how he would react to them, or vise versa.
    How can someone abuse an animal like this?

I notice you're in Ontario, as am I..

Where abouts? If you're in the Niagara Region or kinda around Southern Ontario, I might be able to point you to someone..
    Trixie's Togs
    .: for dogs who trot the wild side :.

Im 16 hours away, tucked into a small community called Thunder Bay. Not North Bay, Thunder Bay. You may here of us as we are being attacked by snow, again.

You'll just have to keep everyone separated. I rescue dogs, but I don't let any newcomers intermingle with everyone else right away. First it has to be vet checked to rule out anything contagious. (My dogs and fosters are current on vaccinations, but nothing is full proof.) Then I have to evaluate the dog's temperament and personality, get to know it myself so that I know how it will react in different situations.

Since this dog has been through a lot, the most important thing you need to worry about right now is getting the dog to trust you. If you manage to get the dog to your house, you don't want to overwhelm him with too much at once, so just keep him by himself. If you have other dogs the link below will give you tips how to deal with that:

http://www.pbrc.net/rotate.html

What a beautiful dog ! .
    ( once the authorities get involved, you lose all control of the situation) Since this dog is getting used to you, you might just keep on doing what you have been doing. Spend as much time as you can in his "territory" where he can see you.It will take time. For a temporary shelter, a large heavy cardboard box might work temporarily, just to keep him out of the wind. You could take it to the area where you feed him. (With the snow on the ground you might be able to follow tracks, and find out where he is bedding down, and leave it there too.) I wish you the best of luck with this beautiful animal. He deserves a loving home, and someone who would really love him. And it sounds like you do !

Shelter is not a problem. He's malamute, or partly anyhow. All he does is dig into the snow, curl up in a little ball, tucks his nose under his tail, and snoozes cozy warm like a bug in a rug. I've followed well warn trails to one of a few places he sleeps, a box would disturb his routine.

Sounds like you pretty well have it covered then. As long as you keep feeding him, you stand a good chance of keeping him.
    Good luck, and God bless...z.

Right now Im getting so many opinions its making my head hurt.

If I could, I'd send you an aspirin for your 'hurting head'. Just follow your heart with this dog. ( I know where you are "coming from"...I feel the same about animals)
    Last spring we "adopted" a stray who had been abused. You can feel where the broken rib has healed.It's still a bump. Ours is a young dog..about 2 yrs. old. As long as YOUR dog is getting along OKwith the feedings you supply, the bone will probably heal in time. (Maybe not correctly, but he can still walk and run with it) WE did NOT really want a dog. We have a 16 yr old cat already. But we have had this rambunctious pup since last June, and now we can have both the cat and the dog in the same room without a chase or a fight. Had to keep more of a control on the dog than the cat. But now the dog knows to leave the cat alone. And the cat reinforces that by hissing at the dog every time she comes too close. But for 9 months, I think we are doing pretty well. As I mentioned earlier, it takes TIME. These animals are not pushovers, and know to be careful, and cautious around people.
    I really really hope you can befriend him, and keep him. (He looks a lot like our white/blonde german shepherd who died 20 yrs ago)
    God bless.....z

Its appearing more and more that he will be captured. Maybe this might come to head after all. Im not sure about anything right now, but, I guess I've just got to trust my gut and got with it.

Good luck, and please keep us updated...z.

My heart aches for him. You're so good to help him. I hope he can at least keep living in the woods for you to feed him. He is so beatiful. He must be a very special creature.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06