Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: :(!

That's great Cayter, I'm glad you are being cautious and keeping an open mind. I wish you all the best in finding your heart dog . Now, unless I missed it, aren't we due some pics of Darlin?
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I'll post them soon!

I think it all depends on you. I don't think anyone should have the right to judge if get a dog or if you don't. We don't personally know you (alteast most of us don't, I'm assuming) so we really don't know the circumstances. (that's not to say you are or are not making the right choice in getting another dog...I just feel it's up to you to tell if it's the right time)

After my old dog, Rufus died I didn't even think of a new dog until one day I felt it was ok. It probably wasn't more then 3 months either. I had the perfect dog in mind. I want a YOUNG pup, a border collie probably. However, I went with someone completely different and do not regret him one bit. He was 6 months, and I really wanted a pup, but I love him to pieces so it doesn't matter. I don't know that GSD are the best for agility if that's what you're looking for..?? But I don't really know much about it.

All I'm trying to say is, think hard about what is best for your life style..even if it's not EXACTLY what you wanted. It will be more worth it that way. And maybe sometime down the road you will be able to get that dream dog of yours..or maybe the one you get will end up being the dream dog (even if it'snot a GSD)

Good luck with you decision. Be sure to let us know.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Thanks

i very glad you thought things through a bit more foam...
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Originally posted by Foam
    my family is getting ready to redo the house, and my parents don't want a puppy around to 'ruin it'.

It's not just going to be puppies that ruin the house. If your parents are very concerned about that then maybe you should rethink getting another dog. The dog could be 5 years old and not be house trained, and with the stress of a new home, and meeting a new dog there probaly will be a few accidents to start.

Training.

Originally posted by Foam
    Training.

Easier said than done.

Originally posted by LabradorLover
    Easier said than done.

You don't know Cayter like us members know her. She did well training with Ozzy, she even gave him obedience classes. And I know she will with her soon-to-be dog.

Thank you!

come on then cayter, we're waiting to see the pictures

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Originally posted by Amber
    You don't know Cayter like us members know her. She did well training with Ozzy, she even gave him obedience classes. And I know she will with her soon-to-be dog.
    I know, I wasn't meaning to be rude, I just said that sometimes training dogs isnt that easy.