Thread: Depression?

Depression?

A few months ago I was in a deep depression. I came out of it and now I'm worried I'm starting to slip back into it. Emotionally, I'm fine. No complaints. I am happy with my husband, and the kids drive me nuts me at times, but they're teenagers- that is their job! I have a nice circle of friends to talk to.

But otherwise I have all the classic symptoms of depression: I can't get enough sleep. All I want to do is sleep. My migraines are coming back with a vengence (I always get a ton of migraines when depressed). I am bored with a lot of things I typically enjoy. I am letting the housework slide big-time. Food? eh, its ok, and I tend to "forget" to eat... like right now, I am starting to get shaky and dizzy from not having eaten anything since yesterday afternoon.... I should go get breakfast but I'll get there - eventually.

I called the requested a new foster kitten (which I should hopefully get Sunday) because thats honestly what brought me out of my last depression. I am really scared of slipping back into depression. My husband thinks its because I was promised work in January by a couple people and NONE of them have klept that promise. So here I am two weeks since I last did any work and made any money, though the bills still come. He feels (and he might be right) that once I'm working on some projects again and making money I'll be better. Who ever said working for yourself is fun?

I am sorry you are not feeling the best at the moment Kim {{Hugs}}. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and goodluck with the new foster baby.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I'm sorry you feel so bad Kimmers. I agree with your husband. I was depressed after losing Amylynn but have been feeling alot better since I came back to work. There is something about working that just helps you feel better. What kind of work do you do? I'm sure once you get back on your feet you'll feel better.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I'm a commercial interior designer... which essentially boils down to putting scores of those lovely tan or grey cubicals in offices. I know how much I am loved by all those that suffer greatly inside their little 5'x5' cubical... but honestly I do fight to get managers and CEOs to see that people are miserable inside those things!

I ate something and am now deciding to take down the tree and Christmas decorations. They are looking quite sad after a month and half of cats and kitens pouncing on them. They should have been taken down a week ago... see? I'm not doing anything in the house! But at least the cats are having a ball "helping" me take things down so perhaps I can get a few good photos from it.

I just hope people call me for work soon. I am REALLY annoyed at the people for promising me work and now sayng they can get by without my work... yet they still waste my time and energy calling me for "advice" that I can't charge for. Yesterday was the pits... I drove 30 miles to and from an appointment that the guy never showed up for! Can I charge him for my wasted time and gas? NOPE! Grrrr.... at least I came home on that rainy day and took a lovely nap with Allen on my feet, Nicki on one side, Pouncer on the other. I swear, if it wasn't for them and their comforting prescence I would have curled up into the fetal position and worried about how desperately poor we're becoming.

Its probably the last thing you feel like doing but going for a vigorous walk might make you feel better. Hope things get better for you.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Originally posted by catnapper
    Yesterday was the pits... I drove 30 miles to and from an appointment that the guy never showed up for! Can I charge him for my wasted time and gas? NOPE! Grrrr.... at least I came home on that rainy day and took a lovely nap with Allen on my feet, Nicki on one side, Pouncer on the other. I swear, if it wasn't for them and their comforting prescence I would have curled up into the fetal position and worried about how desperately poor we're becoming.
    You can claim the miles on your taxes along with any and all expenses that it costs for your business. That also includes your home office. I learned this when I became an H & R Block tax preparer.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Kim,

I do know exactly how you feel! I've suffered from depression since I was 15 years old. I take medication for it and it keeps my "chemical imbalance" in cinque. As you know, I also have been struggling with employment and at times, will also get down in the dumps. When that happens, I just try to deal with it as best as I can till it goes away. But my thing is to keep on my meds. As long as I do, I'm fine.

Plus, if it weren't for my furkids and all the wonderful people here on PT, I'd probably be in the same fetal position.

Hang in there. If you need to talk, I'm here for ya. I'll PM you with my phone number.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I suffer from depression, too I know how you feel..I take medication for it and it helps if you need anything please feel free to e-mail me @ [email protected] or pm me. {{{{hugs}}}}

Krista
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Thanks everyone. I wish I could take a walk... it usually does help me, but right now its so rainy and very cold outside. I need to take a trash bag outside, and don't even ant to dodge raindrops to do that.

I appreciate all the help to talk. I will take you up on it later... right now I'm taking a break from the de-decorating and checking in while eating an orange (and for all those who have cats that hate orange, mine aren't in the least bit phased by it. ) Thank goodness for my silly critters, as they do make me laugh and smile.

Maybe you could get a part-time job? Something to make extra money, maybe you could meet some new friends there, and it would give you something to do. Even just 10 hours a week could help pay a bill every month. Hope things start looking up for you.

Originally posted by lizzielou742
    Maybe you could get a part-time job? Something to make extra money, maybe you could meet some new friends there, and it would give you something to do. Even just 10 hours a week could help pay a bill every month. Hope things start looking up for you.
    If only there was SOMEONE hiring around here. Nobody's hiring, they are all letting people go. The local Target has had a sign up saying "Now Hiring $7.50 an hour and up, all shifts." Well I went to to apply and apparently they aren't looking for white middle-aged women. Everyone working there is 20 or younger, or 60 or older. Nobody in their 30's or 40s. Same for the local supermarket, the local jewlry store, all the mall stores... nobody is hiring.

This past May I was diangosed with anxiety and depression--I was having a really hard time dealing with just basic day to day things. I just wanted to sleep, didn't want to hang out with friends, etc. Me and all my brilliance decided to get off my medication slowly and feel the same feelings coming back--time to get back on it. It is such a hard thing to deal with--if it wasn't for my husband, kitties and turtle I don't know what I would do.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

I know how you feel. I have Seasonal Affective Disorder, and become extremely anxious and depressed around winter time. I can't sleep, and when I do get to sleep, I wake up an hour later and can't fall back asleep. I can't focus and I forget things. I daydream constantly, and I get headaches and other pains on my body. I have panic attacks. Are you taking any medication? Paxil works alright for me.

One thing I find that really works is turning my stereo up full blast and just dancing around like crazy LOL.

Why don't you start a new business? Is there anything you're good at making that you could sell? My friend buys things and resells them, and he makes lots of money. You could try that.
    I've been BOO'd!

CalliesMom,

It is such a hard thing to deal with
    No kidding! I tried going off my meds and the depression came back. I've been on Paxil for over 2 years now and it has helped me tremendously!

Kim,

I know how you feel about no one hiring. I've been scraping by for so long now, I've got a routine down when watching television. It's pretty pathetic. They had a thing on the news this morning that K-Mart was laying people off with absolutely NO notice whatsoever. People were afraid to talk on camera for fear of losing their severance pay. I've been applying to anything and everything I'm remotely qualified for. The problem is not that there are no jobs, but for every job I apply for there are HUNDREDS of people applying for one position! It's a sad state of affairs. Companies don't even send out rejection letters anymore. They just leave you hanging.

I'm STILL waiting for an answer from the funeral home. I spoke with the owner a couple of days ago and he blew me off, telling me that business has been slow (that's not MY problem!!). I told him that I was promised 20 hours/week. He said he had nothing to do with the hiring process. He's the owner for God's sake!!! In the meantime, my bills are piling up, my car is in danger of being repossessed and my rent for January is only half paid! Good thing I've got such a great landlord, or I'd be living in my car (till they repo it, of course!!)

Okay, I'm done ranting now. *sighs, shakes head, slinks off into a corner*

Wolfsoul,

SAD is very common in the winter time. That's why bears hybernate. They have lightbulbs that help with SAD. They sell them at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $7.99. I bought my best friend one for Christmas, as she also suffers from SAD.
    Last edited by moosmom; 01-08-2005 at 07:49 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom

Wolfsoul,

SAD is very common in the winter time. That's why bears hybernate. They have lightbulbs that help with SAD. They sell them at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $7.99. I bought my best friend one for Christmas, as she also suffers from SAD.
    Thanks, I'll have to get one!
    I've been BOO'd!