Thread: bunny training

bunny training

hello all,

juts one quick question. my bunny spends his day free on the terrace, then at night he goes into his hutch downstairs. the past couple of days have been a bit wet and windy, so i have been letting him loose in the spare bedroom.

the problem is he loves to pee and poo on the bed, even when his litter box is there! on the terrace he always uses his box, its only inside that he prefers to go on the bed. and when he is with us in the living room, he wants to pee on the sofa (he's not allowed up anymore)!

any tips to break him of this habit?

don't know how to break a bad habbit, but why not get a wire dog enclosure and put that in the room with bunny's stuff inside.
    i've seen the dog enclusures that look sort of like a play pen but made out of heavy duty wire about 1" by 3" mesh and completely collapsable ( so you can put it away when not needed).

I Like gypsiemaids suggestion about the enclosure for the bunny. Could it be possible that your bunny is trying to tell you that he/she doesnt like being inside? Maybe he/she would rather be outside even when the weather is inclement? I dont have bunnies but just thinking out loud. Keep us posted.
    Hugs and drool from the pack! Robbie, Lucy and the rest