Thread: I met Meka's stray cat friend!!!

Hybrid View

I met Meka's stray cat friend!!!

Meka has been tearing up the blinds and I know she sees another cat but we just haven't seen it. I've seen one around the block but didn't know the one she saw. Well last night hubby had me put her in the bathroom and come out in the garage and there was the HUGE TEDDY BEAR Cat!!!!! About 15-20lbs and the longest fluffiest hair you have ever seen - all on a siamese markings cat - the face looked like a teddy bear.. He tried to put his paws under the door and neither of them were hissing at each other when I let her out of the bathroom - I know she smelled him on me and she knew he was on the other side of the garage door but no hissing or meowing or anything - just looked at me like "Do you like him?"..... He had a collar but no tags - I think it might have been a flea collar but there was so much hair it was hard to tell.... HE rolled on his tummy and rubbed our leggs. What do you guys think??? Do you think someone owns him - my hubby has seen him out and about the block this last month or so.... He looks (if you can tell through so much hair) like he is being fed well..... ??????? He could swallow my Meka though since she is so small... So who accounts for taste in men??? hahahaha Do you think they like each other? Debbie

I hope,atht that Cat,is just visiting,and is not a Stary,atht is neglected,and my Little Cats,all love Big Moose,The Magnificent,the Maine Coon.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I would say if she isn't hissing, she likes him. However, if he has a collar, there's a good chance that he's a neighbors cat. You might want to check it out first if you're thinking about bringing him in. He sounds like a real looker.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    He probably belongs to a neighbor. Next time you see him, you could put a note on his collar (use use those blank address labels). Write something like: Call me at xxx-xxxx and fold it over his collar so that stays on there for a while. If they call you, you can just say that their baby comes for a visit and you wondered if it was okay to feed him or if his shots are up-to-date because he wants to play with your baby. If no one calls you but the note is gone the next time you see him, they either don't want to call or he licked the note off his collar
    Anyway, that's what we did with Seymour when he came for a visit one day. Actually, we did it twice because my sister wanted him but wanted to make sure he didn't belong to someone. Now Seymour is a 20 pound hunk o'love!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Thank you for responding. Meka was so upset last night when he didnt' come by again - she was going to all the windows and looking and looking - I told her it was just like a man to stand a woman up! haha She looked at me with those sad eyes so I told her it was ok and he probabaly got tied up somewhere and my hubby said "yah - with the other woman" and Meka didn't like that either! hahaha

I really like the note idea - I will try that. I have a feeling he'll come back. I told him when he was there that we would take some work so he'd have to come back a few times..... Hubby actually liked him which surprised me since he was soooooo fluffy! All that hair in the house! Well I'll get a picture next time he comes by. What I don't like is to think he had been outside when we had that 20 degree weather for 3 days....

Thank you again and I'll try the note... Debbie

Poor Meka getting stood up by another guy. Let's hope that wasnt the case and her new friend was just busy last night and couldnt visit.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor