Thread: Internship in NASHVILLE that I'm looking at..

Internship in NASHVILLE that I'm looking at..

My friend IM'd me earlier today, asking me if I ever thought of doing internships, and I told her that I have done some thinking.. and she told me that CMT does internships, and I was like, oh really? And she said there's a opening slot that's SCREAMING my name to be in there.. So, It'd be a really good opportunity for me considering what I want to do as a career and it is RIGHT in Nashville, exactly my dream.. AND I'd do it THIS SUMMER...SO, YA KNOW WHAT?! I'M GOING TO DO IT! First I thought, um, but who am I gonna live with, I don't really want to go down there on my own, and my mom said.. Rachel, you don't THINK about that right now, just think about that internship and go for it, if you get accepted, then we will figure it out! So this whole thing is WORTH a shot.. so we'll see what happens!!

She sent me this: (also sent me the whole email, with the entire information I'd need to know & what I'd have to do to send in applications & whatnots)

To internship candidate:

Thank you for inquiring about the internship program with MTV Networks- Nashville. Internships at our location will be with cable channel, CMT (Country Music Television). CMT is owned and operated by Viacom, Incorporated, and is a 24-hour country music network. CMT carries original programming, specials, live concerts, and music videos. CMT is always on the look out for bright, creative students to participate in our internship program. Our internships are designed to offer students an opportunity to gain insight into the television industry. Interns obtain hands-on experience by working in jobs related to their career fields and by interacting with professionals in on-the-job situations....

2. One needed for Graphics and one needed for Promotions
    Preferred number of days needed: minimum of three per week (20- 30 hours per week)
    Preferred major(s): Television Broadcasting, Television/Radio Production, Advertising (Juniors or Seniors only)
    Special Skills: MS Word, some knowledge of television production and post-production equipment and use, course work in copywriting, understanding of popular graphics programs, and good organizational and interpersonal skills.

Job Description: Intern will screen vide tapes, pull bites, and attend shoots for various promotional activities in the department. Assist and observe production and post-production promotional activities. Intern will write bumpers, promo menus, tags and provide input to the department on promotional ideas. Intern will provide organizational support regarding promotion planning and scheduling, tape research and will be asked to help with transcribing. Intern will gain experience on various CMT projects and shows. Intern will be exposed to the Post Production, Operations, CMT.com, CMT Radio, Music & Talent, Programming, Public Relations, Marketing, and Graphics departments. They will also have exposure to talent and talent representation.

You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Oooo.. good luck!!! That sounds really exciting! Keep us updated!

fingers crossed for you. Just think we can all say remember when?

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity ... good luck! If you get it, you'll be close to my neck of the woods!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Thank you! I'm excited.. always gonna be an opportunity..

I'll be starting on my cover letter..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred