Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My poor sore baby boy Georgie :-(

Jan I read that article that you posted and I was shocked at how fast that kittens legs mended. How very sad that poor Georgie didn't get help early on. I would like to go slap that woman!!!!
    I wonder if it's possible that those hobbles would help Georgie at all now?

Thinking of Georgie and praying for calm, quiet moments without pain.

Bless you.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Originally posted by catcrazylady
    Jan I read that article that you posted and I was shocked at how fast that kittens legs mended. How very sad that poor Georgie didn't get help early on. I would like to go slap that woman!!!!
    I wonder if it's possible that those hobbles would help Georgie at all now?
    Lisa, I think it's a bit late for hobbles now (which Steven King story was that from?...I hear hobbles, and think of James Caan, and his tormentor). I'm going to ask the vet about splinting them. Georgie's legs went inward, whereas the kitten I posted the link about splayed out. Basically all boils down to the same thing, that the sweet boy could have been fine if he was taken to the vets when he was born! I had to come upstairs to get away from his wailing. He wants to get out of that cage, but I can't let him. He's covered completely, but when he repositions himself, he hurts so bad. It's going to be a tough few days coming up.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Night Georgie, may you sleep without pain tonight and feel better tomorrow. Gentle kiss on your head, right between the ears. Night baby boy.... Lulla Bye and good night.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Aww, poor little Georgie We are sending him our very best wishes and lotsa purrs for a speedy recovery.

I hope he feels better soon!!!

I was up early to check on Georgie Porgie Pudding Pie (Kissed the girls and made them cry) and he seems in better spirits this morning! He was purring away! I gently pulled him out of his cage, and man those legs are dangling now! Crooked, but all wiggly everywhere. I didn't dare let him down for more than a few minutes though. Floor's in need of a good washing (thanks to two large dogs that want in & out every five minutes ) and I don't need him getting his incisions contaminated. I'm packing him up again soon, as Dr. Dunn wants to take another peek at him today. Maybe he's got some other brainstorm? Maybe he just wants to gaze at loving little Georgie!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

Jan, how did he do when you put him down for a minute? Could you see any difference? Probably not I guess, it is way to soon. I'm glad he seems to be feeling a bit better this morning. My heart was breaking last night just thinking about how bad he was hurting.
    I'll be lurking from work today to see if the doc comes up with any new ideas.
    Please Jan if he wants to do something else to poor Georgie make him give you some meds for pain. That is just too much surgery for him to have suffer through with no meds.

Kissies to the sweet boy and I can't wait for more pictures of the sweet little guy. I'm praying that this has helped him some.

Awe! I sure hope he is better this morning this morning.. Thanks for posting a update so early. I was so worried when I went to bed last night and he was my first thought when I woke up this morning.. If you were able to handle him and he was purring... I feel better. Just know he will continue to be in my prayers this morning and while I am gone... PLEASE give his gentle kisses for me.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Man this liitle guy has such a set of lungs on him! Lisa, It was hard to tell if the surgery accomplished much, but it's up to the two of us to try to make it work. I don't dare start any pysical therapy with him until he's recovered for another day anyway. When I plunked him on the floor, his legs dragged behind as usual. The muscles have atrophied from not being used. Time will tell, but he seems a lot more alert and comfortable this morning. Laura, Kisses will be delivered daily as scheduled! I can't resist kissing Georgie anyway lol!
    Author Unknown ~*~

Oh Jan my heart is aching for you and Georgie. Kisses to Mr. Georgie Pie and {{{hugs}}} to you. Please keep us posted.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I'm so glad to hear a good report on sweet Georgie Porgie.

I'm not surprised his legs just dragged behind as usual when you set him down. He has to learn that they can move in different ways now, and like you say, the muscles have to learn that too. However, after seeing Birdie's recovery with the muscles in his mouth, I'm certain that Georgie Porgie will be walking around in no time. Maybe not like all other kitties, but at least better than he has been.

Good luck at the vet today. I'm just so glad he's feeling more comfortable and is not in as much pain.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh poor Georgie. I couldn't stand to hear him in so much pain. I'm glad he is some better today. I hope the vet has something good to share today.

Hugs and smooches to sweet Georgie.

From Decker with Love

Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
    Lisa, I think it's a bit late for hobbles now (which Steven King story was that from?...I hear hobbles, and think of James Caan, and his tormentor).
    Misery was the story, which is what I know you must be feeling right now watching your little precious one suffer. Remember though, he's hurting some now so that the rest of his life might be a little better. I know that doesn't help much when he cries, and I know he doesn't understand what's happening, but just give him extra kisses and scritches and let him know you love him bunches.

And don't forget that God loves little kittes too, and I'm sure he's got a special plan up his sleeve for our sweet Georgie Boy.

Lots of love and kisses for Georgie.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Remember these days.....

I get the feeling that things are gonna work out wonderfully.