Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Point Isabel, maybe? (Nor Cal)

Haha, yeah, Pt Isabel is basically unfenced, but the Grey owners who've been there say there's a cattle-type fence separating the parking lot from the beach. It supposedly separates the beach from immediate traffic, too *shrugs*. I posted awhile back on GT asking them for their opinion. They said it was fine, and that the beach goes way in. My only problem with Berkeley Marina is that the road is right next to the field. There are beaches where it's almost perpendicular to higher ground. I'd LOVE to bring Giselle to those. It's almost impossible for her to escape LOL!

Ohlone is still good . So is Alameda

BCBlondie, I'm curious...When we went to the marina with Lucky we never made it past the yellow hill with the itty bitty trail. Beyond that trail, is there more land and no view of the traffic?

Originally posted by Giselle
    BCBlondie, I'm curious...When we went to the marina with Lucky we never made it past the yellow hill with the itty bitty trail. Beyond that trail, is there more land and no view of the traffic?
    Yup. There's a pretty big off-leash area just for dogs... You can see the city across the bay, but no cars and no parking lots. I think you should try going there, but bring a long leash for Giselle just in case, or only bring Lucky so you can see what it's like. I personally, and my pups, love it!

Originally posted by AmberLee
    Thanks. I'd never heard of Point Isabel and was rather confused. The map helps.

(I hate to say it, but the newly opened cappacino (sp?) shop really sounds like a selling point to me!)
    LOL LOL I couldn't agree more. Perhaps this would be a good place to meet first?

Thanks for the info BCBlondie, I think it would be a neat place to meet with our pups!

**hugs**

Originally posted by wolflady
    LOL LOL I couldn't agree more. Perhaps this would be a good place to meet first?
    I agree! Sounds good to me!

Sounds good to me. My calendar's pretty open right now, let me know when.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Okay, so Pt. Izzy or Berk. Marina? I was confused over which one you guys are agreeing on (LOL---my history test has overrun my brain).

Hmmm....Y'know, Berkeley Marina might work from how you describe it. As long as the land is large and hilly with absolutely no sight of cars or anything...I think we can bend the rules a little. Also, there's a GREYT little seafood shack near the Marina. Their sandwiches are to die for!!!!!! They have dining tables outside, too.

Also forgot. BCBlondie and I have pm'd each other trying to get a date. How bout MLK Day (the 17th)?

Time: Noonish works greyt for me

Also forgot. BCBlondie and I have pm'd each other trying to get a date. How bout MLK Day (the 17th)?

Time: Noonish works greyt for me
    Just checked my schedule and I'M OFF!!! No work Monday. So I can definitely make it!

I'm up for either one... but I go to the Marina more often, plus it's closer to my house, so I can easily get there...

Also, the Marina has some picnic tables, both in the leash and off-leash area... so maybe we can meet at the sandwich place, and either eat there or at the marina...

Ooooh, sounds good! I saw so many pics of the big off leash area, and when I got there, my mouth dropped. I couldn't find it! Do you have to walk past the dry, hilly area into a big field or something?

I have to agree. The Marina is much much closer for me, too. Sounds like it might work

Just one question: I really don't want to walk around asking random people if they're part of an online dog message board . OTOH, I can recognize dogs very well. Maybe we could do that? My dog is probably the only red and white Greyhound in Oakland and Berkeley, so I'll be easy to spot.

Ooooh, sounds good! I saw so many pics of the big off leash area, and when I got there, my mouth dropped. I couldn't find it! Do you have to walk past the dry, hilly area into a big field or something?
    Okay... There's the parking lot (where people usually park for boats... the actual park parking is just along the side of the park once you get off University Ave..and then turn right at the very end of the street, and just go straight after that... if that makes sense... (for those of you who have never been there before)), and all you have to do is walk straight North a bit, over one or two green hills... You reach this area that is marked with some posts that say: "Entering Off-Leash Area"... There's dirt, a bulletinboard, water bowls for the dogs... that's how you know that you've entered the off-leash area for the dogs... There are a couple short trails you can take your dogs on... The view is soo gorgeous, and the pups love being able to run around.

About being able to recognize each other... We can meet at like the bulletinboard, which is the entrance of the dog park, or we can meet at that restaurant place you said.... I can wear my Pet Talk hat thingy that KAK made for me. I'll have Sesh (black/white BC) and Megan (tan Pomeranian mix) with me....
    Last edited by BCBlondie; 01-07-2005 at 01:22 AM.

12 am and it's a weekday SHHH, hehehe!

Hmm...It's been awhile since I've been there, but I do remember a gravel-ish parking lot. You walked down to a smaller field where there were nice paved trail-roads. Then, we kept going in, over a hill, past the picnic-y area, and into the "valley" area. We met quite a few dog owners and I also remember Lucky was darn tired walking through that jungle of grass LOL. Those short legs are malfunctioning That's basically where we stayed- In the "valley" area. I think we saw water bowls but Luckster refused to drink from that

We should take a big piece of cardboard, write 'PT Meeting', and stake it into the ground. That'll be hard to miss!

Meeting Details:

Date: Monday, January 17 (MLK holiday)
    Time: 11:30am
    Directions: From South 880: Take the University Ave. exit and the lower ramp (veer right) that goes under the freeway. Take a right at the first intersection (Hearst St.) go up Hearst to 6th St. (light) Take a right onto 6th and the next right onto University. Go over the overpass and continue straight into the Marina.

*When you come to a split near the end the road, go RIGHT. Continue to the end of that road, and you will be making a sharp left turn... continue up and there you will find parking. The park is the grassy hill area..*
    http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/marina/...irections.html

Where exactly should we all meet? Lol.. In the parking lot? Or at the restaurant? Or where? ......
    Last edited by BCBlondie; 01-09-2005 at 11:42 PM.

Umm...I think we should just meet at the big area where our dogs will be playing and take role over at the bulletin board (there is one, right?). Sounds greyt, otherwise

Bring cameras!

Umm...I think we should just meet at the big area where our dogs will be playing and take role over at the bulletin board (there is one, right?). Sounds greyt, otherwise
    Yup! There's a bulletin board right by the entrance of the actual dog end of the park, and where the water bowls are.
    I'm not sure if you get service out there, but just in case, if anyone wants to swap cell #'s in case someone gets lost or can't make it, you can PM me.

Oh yeah, that sounds perfect then. Take roll over by the bulletin while our dogs greet each other No cell phone, sorry, hehe.

Note: Giselle will be wearing a muzzle because she plays roughly