Thread: Homemade Frosty Paws recipe

Homemade Frosty Paws recipe

HOMEMADE FROSTY PAWS
    Frosty Paws is a commercially-made "ice cream" for dogs. I never met a dog that didn't like it. This is a homemade version which I got off the Web. This recipe uses totally different ingredients, but like its commercial counterpart, I never met a dog that didn't like it. This recipe will make about 18 Frosty Paws.

1 quart vanilla yogurt
    1 medium banana
    2 T peanut butter (I use natural style)
    2 T honey Puree the banana in a food processor (a blender would probably work fine). Add the peanut butter and honey and continue processing until smooth. Add yogurt and process just long enough to blend all ingredients together. Place 18 small paper cups (bathroom size) in a baking pan (one 9x13 or two 8x8 work well). Fill paper cups to about 2/3's full. An ice cream scoop or a measuring cup makes the job easier. Freeze until solid. I transfer the frozen treats to zip-lock bags for storing in the freezer.

yummy going to have to give them a try. My dogs love eating frozen stuff, especially on a hot summer day.

I've made these for my dogs, and they love em'.

Lucky Liver Lumps

-1 lb. pureed liver
    -2 cups corn meal
    -1 cup flour
    -dash garlic salt or powder
    -1/2 cup powdered milk
    -1/4 cup water

Add some sunflower and cranberries to the mixture to give them a little ooomph!
    Spread out on cookie sheet in a thin layer. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Cool and cut into small pieces.

Thanks Luna and gini! Good eats Not sure if I officially said welcome Luna!!! Hope you like it here!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

thanks for the frosty paws recipe! I don't think Gonzo has ever had one, no places around here sell them...

that sounds like an awesome recipe, Luna! I will definately try it soon!

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I've made that recipe before (or one very similar). The dogs really liked it!

I couldn't find Frosty Paws anywhere here until they opened some Super Wal-marts. So if you have Super Wal-marts near you (they have a large grocery section as well as regular wal-mart stuff) check in the freezer section near the ice cream.

Looks like a good recipe. My girls have never had Frosty Paws either. We just might have to try this recipe out. Thanks, Gini.

And....Luna, the lucky liver lumps would probably be a big hit too!

Alden has started cooking up our own dog food for the girls so maybe he should add these treats to his menu...LOL.

Robin

I can honestly say my kids don't like the frosty paws you get at the grocery but the do love the homemade kind like the recipie that gini told about. I've made them and they are a BIG hit!
    And Robin tell Alden that if he's making their food, he might as well make their treats for them too

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Umm,,, forgive my dumb moment here people,, but what does the capital T mean in the recipe under the measurements for ingrdients?? Table spoon, teaspoon,, what?????

I believe the big “T” is tablespoon and the small “t” is teaspoon.

Originally posted by Luna
    I believe the big “T” is tablespoon and the small “t” is teaspoon.
    I always thought that Tbsp was tablespoon and Tsp was teaspoon....