Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boxing day shopping anyone?

Ahum... , what is "boxing day"?? Is everyone in the mood for boxing then ??
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

We don't call it "Boxing Day Shopping" we call it "Day After Christmas Shopping" here.

My friend and I left at 9:30 a.m. and returned home around 4:30 p.m. from all the shopping we did. We hit Target first, because our mall didn't open till 11:00 because it was Sunday. We then went to Pier1, Cost Plus World Market, Hallmark, PetSmart and then the mall. We got a ton of stuff...we had to go home before the mall because we filled the car up! There was some talk about professional shoppers.

Needless to say, I slept really well last night!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

lol I swear my cousin is a proffesonal shopper, it was like "this is this much, and this much off, plus tax is this much, now this plus tax, and 30% off is this, the 2 together cost this much, so you have this much left over" I was like and she says she is not good at math lol and when we were looking for my outfite it was like "ok you are slightly bigger then me, and I am this size therefore you are this size, and you will want this or this style, so try on these, these, these and these, now go try them on and make sure to show me" the girl is 14, I was in shock, and I swear, next time I go shopping I am taking her with me! I dont care if she does live 2 provences away lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    Ahum... , what is "boxing day"?? Is everyone in the mood for boxing then ??
    Boxing Day is an old British holiday, originally it was a day when boxes of food and other things were given out to the poor. Now though it's the day when all stores put the stock they have on sale. In Canada at least most of the stores keep the sales going till new year's day...which is why I no longer go shopping on boxing day.

It seems as though most countries in the British commonwealth celebrate it as well.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Not yet!! Hope to get out soon though, a few things to pick up. I know the Future Shop had some awesome sales ... a cd burner for 4.99! How crazy is that.

Nice guitar, my bf has the same one, except its the Wayne's World edition!

At the risk of sounding stupid, but what is "boxing day"

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

boxing day is a stat holiday that canada and a few other countrys have, where on dec. 26th all the stores reduce the prices of everything, some places will have the sales last all week, but most, around here anyway, are one day only, so the malls are always packed, exept in Regina lol and that is just because we have at least 5 large malls, while here in prince george there is only 1 mall, so it was packed lol so I call it the only stat holiday for shopping
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Yes it appears countries of the commonwealth celebrate Boxing Day, now I understand why Canada does and USA does not.

Here in NZ it is a big day for sport as well, (no not boxing) funny enough, but the horse races,etc etc.

Thanks Crikit for the info on Boxing Day, I assumed it was a British tradition, but did not know how it started, you learn something new everyday.

Enjoy your Boxing day shopping everyone.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I just did Got a load of new clothes for only 160, and got 100 DVD-R's for only 40 bucks at Futureshop! That was a real steal ... considering they cost around 190 dollars before the sale Time to test out my DVD burner!