Thread: I need a corn snake expert!!

I need a corn snake expert!!

Hi i need to know some suff.I s it bad to feed your corn snake 4 times a week?Wil it slow down groth if I hold him 20 minuts a day.even after I feed him? I really wjant him to be a giant how do I do that?

I'm no expert, but I do have a corn snake.

How old is he???
    You should only be feeding him about once a week, I would say at most every 5 days. What are you feeding him?

Holding him will not slow down his growth. I wouldn't recommend holding him after you feed him (we leave our snakes alone for about 24 hours after they've eaten). He needs time to rest and digest after a meal.

Don't try to rush his growth. Overfeeding him can do more harm than good.

What does he have in his cage? My corn snake likes to climb. Does he have anything to climb? Also he should have a heat mat under half of his cage. He needs to be warm to digest. Make sure it doesen't get too hot though. He should be able to get off the heat of he wants to, so only put it under half of his cage. Does he have a hide box? Ideally he should have a hide box on the warm side and the cool side of the cage.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I am not shure how ild he is but He is about 15 inches long and I feed him pinkies.He has all that stuff.I have logs and branchs he climbs on and my substrate is naes paper.that is ok rite?

How big is your corn?can they really reach 6 feet?

Sorry but I think you should of done some more research on the corn snake before you got one . I'm sure if you google search this you will find plenty of information. Good Luck!

Thank you joanofark for the great siggy

Corn snakes do not reach 6 feet in length. 3 feet tops and that's about it- if that.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

No i did my research.I just whant second opions.Like at petco they said 4 to five feet.At google Their we people saying many diffrent things.Like 3 to 4 feet or 4 to 5 feet I just needed another opion.

Originally posted by zachrockman
    No i did my research.I just whant second opions.Like at petco they said 4 to five feet.At google Their we people saying many diffrent things.Like 3 to 4 feet or 4 to 5 feet I just needed another opion.

Oh ok. Good luck with your snake. I'm sure there are snake forums where you could get more information.

Thank you joanofark for the great siggy

I'm not sure exactly how long my corn snake is... I would guess around 2 feet. He's 4 years old.

This picture was taken back in March
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Feeding your corn four to five times per week is called powerfeeding, and it is one of the worst things you could do for the health of the snake. It will result in a larger snake that grows fast, but it will also cut his lifespan in half. Feed every five to ten days while the snake is young, and every ten to fourteen once it hits about two years old.

Corn snakes get 3-4 feet.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

You don't "get him" to grow to a giant size. You feed him a healthy amount, give him a large space, and enjoy watching him grow into a fine animal. If you want a "giant-size" snake perhaps you should look into a red-tail boa or a cribo instead.

Thank you Wolf_Q!