Thread: Do you get Migrane Headaches?

Do you get Migrane Headaches?

Do you get Migrane Headaches? I was wondering how many people suffer from this horrible horrible horrible headache? I get them a lot. If you do get them what do you usually do about them?

Annie
    Happiness is the little things in life.

I get them a couple of times each month. I usually jsut take a couple of Tylenols and go lay down somewhere. There's really nothing else that I've found that does anything though

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Yes, Mostly whenever there is a chinook arch. (There's alot in Calgary)

Thank you joanofark for the great siggy

Yes, Annie - I have had them for 35 years now. We have had several threads about them, too. You might want to try the *search* feature. Have you ever done that? There is a button at top right and you can search by topic, user name or whatever - it's a pretty good feature I did not know about for quite awhile. I will do a quick migraine search:

migraine headaches

Do You Get Migraines?

Migraines Anyone?

Headaches

Migraines

There is allot of info in there. I have taken just about every preventative and abortive med possible. I am currently taking Topomax and Inderal for prevention and Phenergan and T-3 (Tylenol w/codeine) for doozies. I also keep a note from my Neurologist in my purse for the rare occasion that I may have to go to the ER because migraine is something that can easily get you the "drug seeker" treatment at the ER.

Things that help me in an attack are dark and quiet, bags of frozen peas for a cold pack, lavender oil for aromatherapy, kitties purring on my pillow and soft music like Enja, Coltrane or Norah Jones. Nausea is terrible for me so I often sip cola syrup over ice or gingerale.

Take care!
    Debbie

Thank you for the replies. I have had a migrane for 4 days now. I hope it is gone by the holiday.

Annie
    Happiness is the little things in life.

Around June/July, I started getting them. My vision went HORRIBLE! I normally have 20/20 vision but I couldn't even read the exam in front of me. I haven't had any in a couple months but when I do get them, I just try to get more sleep, stay away from bright lights and loud noises and cutting down the junk (caffeine mostly).

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I get migraines very often too. It's a hormonal thing!

Tylenol, Aspirine, etc... doesn't help me at all. I went to a neurologist, and since then I have IMITREX and NARAMIG. Imitrex exists in nosespray, and infections. Naramig is a pill. These are expensive medicines, but they are worth it!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I get them. I have several food and allergy triggers. I find that too much sun gives me a really really bad migraine. So now I live like a vampire... all pasty white

I take Zomig and swear by it. I hate the side effects though. It leaves you with a numbness in your hands and flu-like symptoms. But at least it takes my migraine away. The side effects are nothing compared to the pain of the migraine. Imitrex didn;t do anything for me. I hear there are new meds out now for migraine, so next time I visit the doctor I'll ask about them. Maybe one will work without the side effects.

You've had a migraine for 4 days? Poor thing! I know what thats like! Can you go to the hospital and have them give you a shot? I've gone that a few times when my migraines went so long. Then you are out like a light for a few hours... but when you wake up you are a new person!

I do once and a while. Mostly during the school week, school being so loud and bustling all the time. All I can do is take some Asprin and try and take a nap and hope its gone when I wake up... lol Shows you how big of a wuss I am..

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.