Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Cone Awareness

Holiday Cone Awareness

Hi All,

Some of you may remember me. I posted on this site a few times, but I thought it was important to come back this holiday season to remind you all about cone safety.

Always remember to keep your cones away from a fire. They are plastic - they will melt! Too many tragic cone deaths happen due to careless placement.

If you buy your cone a present, help them unwrap it. They get very embarassed if you put it in front of them as they have no fingers.

Watch for homeless cones in snow drifts. They can easily be concealed in snow, ice, and frost and tragedy striked if they are run over.

Here are just a few safety tips for the holidays. I wish everyone a happy, healthy and cone-filled Christmas

I will definately be keeping my eyes open for stranded cones! Thanks for the great holiday tips. I don't own one myself, but I would love to have one someday!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Originally posted by flamepony12
    ooohh, the cones that you put on dogs and stuff?
    No...lol! The orange cones they use on roads during construction/road work, etc. Its a PT joke. People used to 'adopt' cones here.

Thanks for posting all those great tips I didn't even think about buying my cone a present...what a bad cone mommy I am

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Awww! Speaking of the ways old PT was....I was the Cone Backyard Breeder! I miss those days before they shut me down.

Thank you Wolfie!

Hi again......
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Here's a cone I rescued not too long ago.
    He's healty, happy, and clean now.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Kfamr,

What a rescue! That cone really was on its last leg. Good for you for taking up the cause.

Tonya,

Its great to see you still are not breeding these cones. So many need homes, and are so carelessly tossed aside.

Everyone - holidays are especially hard for cones. The can withstand the cold, but would love a warm place to live. Thank you all for taking up this cause!

Oh my!! I too forgot to buy my cone a Christmas gift!! I haven't finishedmy shopping and now we are getting hit with lots of snow!! Oh NO!!!

Thank you cone rescue for reminding us how important our cones are this holiday!

Originally posted by flamepony12
    oh, see? I havent been on here long enough, I dont know the inside jokes... j/k... ya, laugh at me all ya want.... lmao
    Just wait...... eventually you will be like the rest of us - unable to drive past construction or road works without having the urge to stop and take photos of the cones

There are some abandoned ones in some wasteland near my house - I have been watching them for long enough to know that they are homeless.....

I am currently wondering if I should ADOPT them or just TNR them - advice is welcome

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy

There are some abandoned ones in some wasteland near my house - I have been watching them for long enough to know that they are homeless.....

I am currently wondering if I should ADOPT them or just TNR them - advice is welcome
    Oh! Feral cones!

Do you feed them? How do they behave when you approach? Run and hide? Or are you able to pet the younger ones.

TNR is always recommended but maybe some of the younger ones have chances to be adopted and to become a spoiled house-cone

ConeRescue: I have one question. My cone, Gilbert, was in my Mom's basement for years and was rescued by my Dad when I was a kid. Gilbert now sits in my living room and has integrated well with Max and Speckles.

Do ancient cones need to have yearly vaccinations? I stopped giving them to M & S because of the adverse reactions. I'm just wondering if I'm putting Gilbert at risk.

Thank you for all you do and for making us aware of this worthy cause.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

ConeRescue,

You have me ROFLMAO even before my first cup of coffe this morning. Thank you!

I'm sorry to say I didn't buy Carl the Cone a gift this year. Since Mandy came into my life recently, funds have been very short because of her vet expenses. I had to make sure she was healthy and utd on her shots so she could join my crew. Thanks to a few PT members, they made it possible. Once she turns 5 months, she'll be spayed.

*hangs head in shame* Carl the Cone said he understood. But I think he's a little disappointed. Next year, I promise.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

rofl!

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    Just wait...... eventually you will be like the rest of us - unable to drive past construction or road works without having the urge to stop and take photos of the cones

Or rant and rave about irresponsible cone owners to your mother everytime you drive down the road.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits