Thread: Just wanted to say!>>>>>>>>>>>

Just wanted to say!>>>>>>>>>>>

and on a not-so-nice-note:

I strongly request that each and every one of you take the time to send this person an email and tell him your feelings. I know, it may not change anything, but having something like this on the internet sends a terrible message to the uneducated public, and much of what he said is not the case.

Between us, I'm going to forward his site the some friends of mine at USDA Headquarters whom I've know for many years. He needs to go under survailance.

Thanks.

here's the site: http://www.natureswolves.com/index.html

Ken C
    President
    Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wolfdogs100

WRR: http://www.renokeo.com/wrr.html

Those are some horrible graphic pictures, so sad.

who in the world would want to buy this BUMPER STICKER!!!?????!!??!?!?!? i hope to never see this bumper sticker..

so sad that he would want to tell the uneducated public about this

I agree that the site is pretty sad... and those bumper stickers are really depressing.

But, I do have to agree with SOME of the person's views on wolves. Wolves, like mountain lions, tigers, coyotes, etc, are wild animals. They were born to kill. They're wild.
    Personally, I'm not too fond of wolf hybrids or keeping wolves as pets. If you want a dog, get a Labrador or something. I'm not saying wolves are bad. They are BEAUTIFUL creatures. I just think that it's better for them to just stay wild. I'm glad that your wolfdog seems to be doing so great in your home though... but I still think that a wolf would be happier living as a wolf in his real wolf pack, where he belongs, in the wild... That's just my opinion.
    Maybe I'm just part of the "uneducated public"..

I am against the hunting of any wild animal though, whether it be wolf, deer, pheasant, duck, etc...

Wow.. those bumper stickers were horrible.

Originally posted by BCBlondie
    I agree that the site is pretty sad... and those bumper stickers are really depressing.

But, I do have to agree with SOME of the person's views on wolves. Wolves, like mountain lions, tigers, coyotes, etc, are wild animals. They were born to kill. They're wild.
    Personally, I'm not too fond of wolf hybrids or keeping wolves as pets. If you want a dog, get a Labrador or something. I'm not saying wolves are bad. They are BEAUTIFUL creatures. I just think that it's better for them to just stay wild. I'm glad that your wolfdog seems to be doing so great in your home though... but I still think that a wolf would be happier living as a wolf in his real wolf pack, where he belongs, in the wild... That's just my opinion.

I am against the hunting of any wild animal though, whether it be wolf, deer, pheasant, duck, etc...
    I completely agree, 100%.

Ditto.

Join Sweet Pea at The Bunny Forum
    Come join me and FizzGigg at The Bichon Lovers Clubhouse
    Thank You Anita & Kay for the wonderful Siggys

wolfdogs can not survive in the wild. they are not the same as a wolf, nor do they have the same survivability traits. you are mixing apples and oranges. wolfdogs dont belong in the wild, wolves do. wolfdogs dont fear humans, wolves do. wolfdogs will come on someones property and go thru the trash or look for a hand out. wolves wont. and yes, you are part of the uneducated pubic on this subject, but thats not your fault, nor is it a bad thing, with learning of the wolfdog and its true personality you would be pleasantly surprised at the animal. most of the wolfdog problems come from the people that raise them, not the animal itself. a wolfdogs "pack" is the family it lives with, like mine, ...me, my wife, and our two golden retrievers... she would not be happy living in containment with her real family, nor would her life be as good as it is with us. a wolf.....yes... its much happier in thier fur faimlies, and i personaly dont approve of people who keep pure wolves as pets, and there are those that do..... its wrong.

there are many animals that are kept as pets that are controversial, for instance, the bengal tiger... its a part of many many households in the U.S. so are Panthers, constrictor snakes, coyotes, foxes, bears, ......the list is endless.

the wolf and the dog are the same speicies. there is no such thing as a wolfhybrid. a "hybrid" is the cross between two species....... like a wolf and a coyote...

regards

Ken C
    President

the first thing I saw when I clicked the link was something about wolf killing ammo, which was all I needed to know what the sites about, so I blocked the site. I wish these idiots would just get the heck over themselves, find another way to go on their "I'm-higher-than-God" power trip, and freaking disappear from this planet.

Grrrrrrrrrrr....

Killing a preditor for being a preditor is just about as wise as killing a human for being human.

Some people make no sense...

Originally posted by WRR
    wolfdogs can not survive in the wild. they are not the same as a wolf, nor do they have the same survivability traits. you are mixing apples and oranges.

there are many animals that are kept as pets that are controversial, for instance, the bengal tiger... its a part of many many households in the U.S. so are Panthers, constrictor snakes, coyotes, foxes, bears, ......the list is endless.

the wolf and the dog are the same speicies. there is no such thing as a wolfhybrid. a "hybrid" is the cross between two species....... like a wolf and a coyote...
    I was not saying wolfdogs and wolves were the same thing. I was just saying I don't like the idea of crossing a wolf with a dog in the first place. It's like crossing a cougar with a domesticated cat...

Yes, I am aware that there are many wild animals being kept as pets. But most of these animals being kept as pets are not properly cared for, and end up in sanctuaries...

I know the wolf and dog is the same species. But I know that sometimes wolfdog breeders call them wolf hybrids. I've seen ads for wolf hybrid puppies, and websites with people that breed "wolf hybrids". I guess those breeders are uneducated too?

I was not saying wolfdogs and wolves were the same thing. I was just saying I don't like the idea of crossing a wolf with a dog in the first place. It's like crossing a cougar with a domesticated cat...

Yes, I am aware that there are many wild animals being kept as pets. But most of these animals being kept as pets are not properly cared for, and end up in sanctuaries...

I know the wolf and dog is the same species. But I know that sometimes wolfdog breeders call them wolf hybrids. I've seen ads for wolf hybrid puppies, and websites with people that breed "wolf hybrids". I guess those breeders are uneducated too?
    not only are many of those breeders uneducated, they are crooks. they sell the animals, many of which have little or no wolf in them at all, for $1,000.00 or more, claiming "this wolfhybrid" (see..that term sounds more "scary"...for many folks buy them to be macho and "tough") is 87% wolf.... when in reality, its "low or no"...a cross of northern breeds to look like a wolf.... it's all about the money..thats all....just the money. it was just back in 90 when the USDA verified with DNA testing that the wolf and dog were the same species, many of those dont know that...some of the good ones still use "hybrid"... but in reality, its a wolfdog. is that not 'education'.....and again...there is nothing wrong with someone not knowing something, thats one thing my organization is all about, education on the wolfdog, and education of potential wolfdog owners, preventing or lowering the number of rescues comming in........ like any animal, or any dog breed.. I've been around , delt with, pure wolves, and wolfdogs since 1983...... i've seen it all, trust me.

Ken C
    President

Originally posted by WRR
    not only are many of those breeders uneducated, they are crooks. they sell the animals, many of which have little or no wolf in them at all, for $1,000.00 or more, claiming "this wolfhybrid" (see..that term sounds more "scary"...for many folks buy them to be macho and "tough") is 87% wolf.... when in reality, its "low or no"...a cross of northern breeds to look like a wolf.... it's all about the money..thats all....just the money. it was just back in 90 when the USDA verified with DNA testing that the wolf and dog were the same species, many of those dont know that...some of the good ones still use "hybrid"... but in reality, its a wolfdog. is that not 'education'.....and again...there is nothing wrong with someone not knowing something, thats one thing my organization is all about, education on the wolfdog, and education of potential wolfdog owners, preventing or lowering the number of rescues comming in........ like any animal, or any dog breed.. I've been around , delt with, pure wolves, and wolfdogs since 1983...... i've seen it all, trust me.
    Any what wonderful work you are doing - it is unfortunate that organizations like yours are needed - but they are.

I am always interested in learning more and seeing different ideas and viewpoints. I appreciate the information you have been sharing here and of course enjoy the beautiful pictures of your furkids A happy holidays to your beautiful family!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge