Thread: My "new look"......

My "new look"......

is now here.......all by pcb.....w/pictures from my dau cataholic....i love my new look......my boys wish one and all happy holidays and a wonderful 2005......especially my newest boy.....butter rum!!!

Thanks to PCB!

I am not sure I ever knew how Butter Rum came into your life and how he did not get a state name

Anyhow they all look gorgeous and the siggy is very cute

The siggy and all its accesories are lovely.

Now about this new cat......................

Perhaps I shouldn't tell the tail of Butter Rum......BUT, shoot, I was VERY involved..so, here goes.

It was a dark and stormy night- NOT. It was hot, humid, muggy and VERY Cincinnati in September. To top things off, I was 4 days away from mommydom. So, I was hot, sweaty, muggy, and HUGE. Mom calls, "There is this cat...." We all know that line, right? Well, this kitty was close to being taken to the SPCA. Hours away. I don't think fate would have intervened, if it wasn't for Lillycat. The woman that had BR- well, something wasn't right. None of her story matched up. Let's forget that part.

BR was whisked away into a black Honda, and taken directly to the ER vets. He wasn't well- eye infection, URI, matts so bad you couldn't even tell how long his fur was. He is persian, btw. Beautiful. Short, compact, loud motor, etc. He was treated several times for the URI, shaved completely- that is how bad his matts were, and NUETURED AT 4 YEARS OF AGE! Oh yeah, he was allowed outside- did I tell you this cat was living IN DOWNTOWN CINCINNATI? He was filthy. Lucky he was alive, really.

None of this was relayed to us by his former 'owner'. Now? He is happy as a clam, living the good life at the house of strippy boys. He has not yet been introduced to the other boys. That is a slow work in progress. Mom gives him wet food in the am, and then wipes his face off with a cloth- his persian-ness, the pushed in face, is difficult to keep clean.

As to his name...well....we thought that after being known as BR for so long, it wouldn't be right to switch to a state name. He is called B'rum for short.

That is how a 3 tabby household became 4 kitties strong

Butter Rum was lucky to meet the Cataholic-Lillycat family. And nothing could be so urgent that there wasn't time to rescue another cat- not even giving birth

oh barbara......that is tooooo funny!

Thanks to PCB!

I would love to see a GOOD close up of that face... He look adoreable! Thank God you rescued him.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Johanna and Lillycat...didn't you tell ANYONE about Butter Rum? He he he. I was surprised to learn about little Rummy myself! Guess Jonah was top priority then, and you didn't have time to tell...right? Glad you finally got everything up Lilly!

i was glad to see it up finally also pcb......i just love everything and sometimes i just peek in to see it all over again.....thank you soooooo much for everything!!!

Thanks to PCB!

I didn't remember Butter Rum when I got Lilly's card, but figured I had missed the announcement since I don't get to the cat side often enough. Glad to know I wasn't the "last to know" on this one!!

What a great rescue story...it is surprising BR survived living in downtown Cincy...not an easy task!!

Awww.....you're such a sweetheart to take little Butter Rum into your home!!!! He is absolutely adorable...poor baby living on the streets! It looks like he has a lot of playmates too.....do they all get along?
    Tina

what a great story!!
    Lovely siggy!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

hi tina......we are still working on the integrating issues.....at first he really was too ill.....then surgeries.....then i waited till cataholic came back from hospital w/ my darling jonah so i am a bit tardy on the integrating issues. my tabby boys will never dine at martha stewarts table......they somewhat lack welcoming manners where newcomer kittys are concerned. at this point brum often has walking around privileges downstairs while the others are confined to the porch......i at times confine brum to my study so the others can "visit" brums room and sniff around, BUT i still dont have them all together.....not sure yet exactly how i will do that.....so the answer to your question is not sure how they will do together.....but i am doing it all slowly and will pray for the best.....somehow it will work out....

Thanks to PCB!

Butter Rum was a lucky boy to find your family that night!

Over here, B'rum is an abbreviation for Birmingham - not a state name, but still a place name!

thank you for saying that kk.....i feel i am sooo lucky to have "found" him.....he is soooo velcro.....just such a loving kitty...perhaps that is a persian thing? my strippys arent like that except when they want to be.....brum is always loving and velcro! quite a change-up for me and i am loving it....he is such a tiny, loving wonderful little boy!......glad he sorta fits with his "place" name thanks for telling me that!!

Thanks to PCB!