Thread: fleas in general question

fleas in general question

Can a person carry fleas or ticks etc into there house to their house pets?I was asked by a friend if you can carry fleas on your clothes because she has outside cats now & her inside cat is allergic to fleas.

Snowball also has allergies & have never seen a flea but she did have ear mites .
    Pauline

Yes people can carry fleas, but usually you get them from your pets who bring them in from outside. They are also carried in our hair not our clothes. I'm pretty sure. Oh and yes people can get ticks as well but they latch on to skin

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I heard this too. The fleas just hide on humans, and as soon as they see a "suitable" victim, they "jump".... .
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Originally posted by GraciesMommy
    Fleas love socks!
    That's for sure! Hubby had to make a call on a flea infested house a few months ago. He came back to the car with his sister and had to strip off his socks and shoes - kicked off the shoes...sealed the socks in a ziploc bag as they were so full of fleas!
    He said they both showered and laundered all their clothes when they got home. YUCK!!

Yes ticks too can be carried into the house on people. We are having a very bad tick season here in Florida right now (because of the hurricanes over the summer). My dogs are all on tick prevention and my cats don't go outside, but I have still found ticks on myself (not imbedded, thank God) and a couple walking in the house.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Absolutely! Whenever I go to the shelter to volunteer, the first thing I do when I get home is strip down to my underwear in the hallway, leaving my clothes and shoes on the steps, before I enter my kitchen. Don't worry, I have no other neighbors and only I have access to my stairway.

Best thing for fleas, according to my vet is Revolution. It kills fleas, flea eggs, ticks, earmites and takes care of intestinal parasites.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

About a year ago we had a cat who took up residence in our back yard but we couldn't catch her. Evidently she was covered in fleas and so was our yard and we had to call Terminix to come take care of it. Our guy told us to walk around in white socks and you would see them jump and sure enough they were hopping! He had to bomb and that took care of them. This was after Mercedes went to RB and before we got Gracie..so we knew it had to be that cat. (Don't know what ever happened to the kitty, she hung around a couple of weeks and then was gone..even tho I did put out food for her..maybe she found her way home, rather think that then her getting run over!)

WOW I never knew this...

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Sadly,you can,especilly,if you have the Strays,that hang around,The Hotel,as I do.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS