Thread: Why does he keep getting worms?!

Why does he keep getting worms?!

It's so disgusting! Ron has worms again! He just had them a month or two ago! What are we doing wrong?!

Thank you Wolfie!

Is there a possiblity of a flea problem? That's where worms will start from is flea droppings. We went through this a few years back and had to medicate for fleas and worms. It took several months to clear it all up.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I was using Frontline and mine kept getting them so the vet changed them to Advantage and have't had a problem since. You may need to change the flea treatemnt like I did.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Does Ron play outside sometimes?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

What kind of worms?

Our Vet explained that you may think you have treated round worms, but they may reappear. Some part of the cycle burrows into the body, and will then come out again even months later. Sort of like the Herpes virus that causes Chicken Pox. Years later it can reappear as shingles.

We use Revolution for the boys, because it can control round worms.

If it is tape worms, cats can get them from fleas and inappropriate eating habits.

They're inside, and we don't have a flea problem because we use frontline. I'd forgotten until now, but the last time we talked about this, I said that I was going to switch to Revolution when my Frontline runs out. I buy it in bulk for all the animals, I probably have a year left. Maybe I'll give the Frontline away and just get the Revolution. I can't stand worms.

Thank you Wolfie!

A Swallowed Flea,will give our Ct worms,and for some reason,my Vets,says that some Cats are more prone to worms.I would try an Ova Collar,as that works,for The Found Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS