Thread: Back pain question...

Back pain question...

I hope this question doesn't make anyone blush. I've been having this HORRIBLE back pain lately. It's in an odd spot. Right about where my bra line is, just under my shoulder blades. I hate to sound like a baby, but it's literally laying me out. I can't sleep yet I'm so tired and I can't do anything. It hurts so bad.

I went to the chiropracter earlier this week and he said my 5th lumbar (I think) was off. He adjusted me and I felt good for about 24 hours. Now I am in great pain again.

Is this because of how my breasts are getting larger with pregnancy? I got huge last time and I certainly didn't have these problems. Does anyone else get those aches? If so, what do you do about them? They're killing me!

Thank you Wolfie!

Re: Back pain question...

won't make me blush. my day job is a mammographer and x-ray technologist. your bra may be hitting about your 5th thoracic vertebra, your middle/upper middle back area. it is very possible that the increasing size of your breasts are pulling on those muscles in that area differently then pre-pregnancy and pulling the area out of allignment. go to a quality department store and ask one of the motherly type sales clerks in lingerie for a bra fitting. most stores will do it free, you may need a new bra for the duration of the pregnancy. this is really common. my favorite coworker who does ultrasound and mammography gets asked this at least once a month. you can also call the lactation consultant at the hospital where you are planning on delievering and asking her for more advice. hope this helps.
    Originally posted by Tonya
    I hope this question doesn't make anyone blush. I've been having this HORRIBLE back pain lately. It's in an odd spot. Right about where my bra line is, just under my shoulder blades. I hate to sound like a baby, but it's literally laying me out. I can't sleep yet I'm so tired and I can't do anything. It hurts so bad.

I went to the chiropracter earlier this week and he said my 5th lumbar (I think) was off. He adjusted me and I felt good for about 24 hours. Now I am in great pain again.

Is this because of how my breasts are getting larger with pregnancy? I got huge last time and I certainly didn't have these problems. Does anyone else get those aches? If so, what do you do about them? They're killing me!
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Re: Re: Back pain question...

Originally posted by joycenalex
    won't make me blush. my day job is a mammographer and x-ray technologist. your bra may be hitting about your 5th thoracic vertebra, your middle/upper middle back area. it is very possible that the increasing size of your breasts are pulling on those muscles in that area differently then pre-pregnancy and pulling the area out of allignment. go to a quality department store and ask one of the motherly type sales clerks in lingerie for a bra fitting. most stores will do it free, you may need a new bra for the duration of the pregnancy. this is really common. my favorite coworker who does ultrasound and mammography gets asked this at least once a month. you can also call the lactation consultant at the hospital where you are planning on delievering and asking her for more advice. hope this helps.
    5th thoracic vertebra...that's what was misaligned according to the chiropracter. I knew it was 5th something.

Thank you Wolfie!

Well... I'm pretty big in the chest area and I don't have back problems. When I was younger and developing I did have back pain. It was my lower back though.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

It sounds like something from the baby or you growing.

Poor thing. Feel better. Hopefully a new bra will help.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...