Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fav. Critters

Fav. Critters

What are your favorite critters? I have ALWAYS wanted a dog! for as long as i can remember. But i still live at home so my dad wont let me But he has let me have other pets! When I was about 7 I got my first guinea pig from my uncle for christmas. that guinea pig had babies then her babies had babies. from then on we always has them as pets! Then after that family line was over, we rescued a guinea pig. he was a sweet thing but was a little skittish.(we have also had gerbils and hampsters but i found them not as affectionate but maybe im wrong) After him we got a mini~lop. He is 3 years old! he is the most mellow rabbit i have had and to my 5 year old brother he is such a sweetheart. he has never bitten or hurt anyone (he also loves to come in the house to be around people which my dad doesnt mind). we also have a tan angora. those are a lot of work but it is also a sweet rabbit. i first saw one at the fair and i just fell in love with their curious personality. (even though my dad wont let me get a dog he absolutly LOVEs my mini~lop;he calls it his buddy!) We also have 3 chinchillas which i absolutly ADORE! they are the sweetest little animals. i want a sugar glider and ferret also but i dont know much about them. if anyone who has a sugar glider or ferret could please respond and tell me a little about them and if they are "family" pets (because they would be around a lot of people in my house) or if they are sweet! thanks a bunch!

~*Jennifer*~

Hi Jennifer,

I have a rabbit too. :-) He's really cute and gets along well with everyone. He lives inside with us. We let him out to play at night and he watches TV with us.

You can see a picture of him at: http://www.gatherround.com/j/AlbumIn...4157&pw=rabbit

Have a great day! Good luck with your other pets.

Diane

If you want a family pet a ferret would really be better. Sugar gliders tend to bond to one person and bonding with a glider takes a LONG time. I had a glider and she NEVER bonded with me .

Ferrets can make excellent pets but make sure that you can handle the smell. Also think about adopting an older ferret from a shelter. They really need a home and that way you don't have to deal with a nippy kit.

Ferrets are great like was said, but they do smell! And when you get up to 8 like I had, man do they need they cage cleaned out every other day! PEWWEWWWW..

I have rats and I love them to death, no smell, playful, smart, clean, and very friendly! And these peats always seem to need rescuing from shelthers and tanks so they don't get fed to snakes!

I've had just about everything from rabbits, iguanias, chinillians, hamsters, fish, ferrets, cats, dawgies 25 at once, birds (parakeets, cockateals and finches),unknown wild kritters I fed outside, and anything else I could bring home and hide from my husband But now I really and happy with my ratties You can have a peek at them at http://users.supernet.com/daytona/ you can also see my Bassets there too

------------------
    Please Help Me To Be Half The Human My Kritters Think I Am!

I, too, wanted a ferret for a long time. There was a very sweeeeet little girl at one of the local petstores, but at $120 I really couldn't afford one.
    I saw a Sugar Glider on TV one day, and thought "Oh!! That is the CUTEST animal I have ever seen!!". After some research, I thought "Well, they take a lot of work (or so it seemed to me anyway ) and the bonding thing...how does one go about that?" I decided against getting one.
    Then one day we got a rattie. He was such a sweetheart and loved everyone except the cat, who liked to bug him when his cage was brought out to be with the family.
    He sadly passed away on March 9th '00 in my arms. I miss him terribly.
    On March 23rd '00 our "Troublesome Duo" came to live with us. They where rescued from a feeder bin. They are such sweethearts!!

A rat might seem a little odd to you as a pet, but really they make wonderful pets, and lots of ratties need homes so they won't be snake food
    They don't take a lot of work, don't smell, and are great "Pocket-Pets" and family pets. As was said, they are smart, clean, and playful. Always happy to see you!
    They should be kept in pairs or groups, as they are very social creatures and need company.
    Anyway, that's just my oppinion

Best of Luck!!!!

~Giglez and the Troublesome Duo

I, too, wanted a ferret for a long time. There was a very sweeeeet little girl at one of the local petstores, but at $120 I really couldn't afford one.
    I saw a Sugar Glider on TV one day, and thought "Oh!! That is the CUTEST animal I have ever seen!!". After some research, I thought "Well, they take a lot of work (or so it seemed to me anyway ) and the bonding thing...how does one go about that?" I decided against getting one.
    Then one day we got a rattie. He was such a sweetheart and loved everyone except the cat, who liked to bug him when his cage was brought out to be with the family.
    He sadly passed away on March 9th '00 in my arms. I miss him terribly.
    On March 23rd '00 our "Troublesome Duo" came to live with us. They where rescued from a feeder bin. They are such sweethearts!!

A rat might seem a little odd to you as a pet, but really they make wonderful pets, and lots of ratties need homes so they won't be snake food
    They don't take a lot of work, don't smell, and are great "Pocket-Pets" and family pets. As was said, they are smart, clean, and playful. Always happy to see you!
    They should be kept in pairs or groups, as they are very social creatures and need company.
    Anyway, that's just my oppinion

Best of Luck!!!!

EEK!!!
    I'm not having a good night Sooo sorry about the double post there!! Didn't mean for it to post *twice*
    Sincerest apologize,

[This message has been edited by Giglez (edited July 05, 2000).]

Hey Everyone who posted~ Thanks for your info!! Ratties sound really sweet.. in the pet stores i have always looked at them and thought how cute they were!! But do they bite a lot? lol well thanks again.. i might give the ratties a try!! since so many people seem to like them!

~Jennifer

I have had 20 rats. Not one has been a biter. Sure they will unintentionally nip you when your fingers smell like a treat and some will grab your finger (very lightly) and pull it towards them but most will not bite. They are more likely to lick you then anything else

Well i just wanted to share with everyone that mine and my sisters chinchillas just had a baby. It is the cutest thing in the world!!! chinchillas are really wonderful pets and very loveable and funny too! this new baby has brought many smiles to our family as well as our neighbors! bye bye

Jennifer

I would just like to say that i luv leopard geckos. If there are others here plz feel free to email me with questions on them or jsut info on them. my email is [email protected]

------------------
    OH YA

I have a ferret and am getting another they really are sweet animals and the more people probablly better because they need lots of time out of their cages atleast 4 hours a day they love people and can live past 10 good-luck

I have ALWAYS wanted a dog! But I live in an apartment and I can't have one. But I have a red heeler at my grandparent's house. Well, he's not really mine but I love him so much that I count him as mine. There was an ad in the paper for a free Australian Shephard that my dad would have got me but we read it too late. I have a guinea pig and a gerbil. I just got rid of my 3 parakeets. They were so noisy and they would keep me up at night. Guinea pigs are my favorite pet (along side dogs) then gerbils. I love my pets!

Hi Jennifer,

I also have a guinea pig. He is really sweet. I really want a female so they can breed but my mom won't let me.

~~*Rachel*~~

Hey Rachel~ yea guinea pigs are really really sweet pets!!! i have seen guinea pigs be born 2 times and it is ssoooo cute!!! both litters had 3 babies!!! i hope one day you can get a dog!!! cuz believe me i know how you feel, at elast ur dad would let you get that one dog if you didnt live in the apartment, im not allowed one at all!! hehe oh well cuz i made my dad promise me to buy me like 3 dogs when i move out!!!!! hehe. bye bye

Jennifer