Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a Tragus?

What is a Tragus?

A few people have asked me what a Tragus is (because I recently had mine pierced)......

so here is a picture

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

It looks great! How's the healing going?

What gauge did you get it done at? I just ordered some 18 gauge CBR's. I'm hoping I can get it done during winter break.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Thanks

It's healing really well! I am still cleaning with an anti-bac soap and doing the saltwater soaks twice a day.

It's 14 gauge. Make sure you post pics when yours is done!! Are you getting both sides done? I did - and it was worth the effort - it only really bothered me for the first two or three nights

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Ally Cat's Mommy,

I heard that getting your Tragus peirced can help with headaches. My early Child Development teacher got hers done because her doctor said it would help her migraines. She said she's been headache free for a year. Cool huh?

Annie
    Happiness is the little things in life.

Thanks! I had no idea what that was! I am sooo out of the piercing loop. I have my ears double pierced and thats it.... but if they help with migraines? hmmmmmm....... I might be running to the piercer and getting it done! LOL

It looks very nice. Just how painful is it though? I am considering getting it done but just pinching that area hurts!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

My sister had hers done a while back and when she woke up the next morning her pillow where she had been laying was covered in blood.
    She said it didn't hurt when she was having it pierced though, there was just a lot of pressure.

Yours looks great though.

Ouch!

I've seen that on people & it hurts me just to look at it.

I've had my upper ear pierced for 5 years and it STILL hurts when I lay on it at night!

I can only imagine how much THAT hurt!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Okay... honestly... how much did it hurt? I've been thinking about getting it done but I passed out when I got my ears pierced before... and I know this will be more painful. What is the closest comparison as far as pain goes? Did you hear a loud pop in your ears?
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

thank you for that!
    I didn't know what it was either - I tried to look it up but there were no pics.
    Looks good!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Ouch, That has to be painful. I got bit by a bird there once and I remember how much that hurt. It looks Awesome though.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    It's 14 gauge. Make sure you post pics when yours is done!! Are you getting both sides done? I did - and it was worth the effort - it only really bothered me for the first two or three nights
    YEOWCH! 14? My tragus is pretty darn small.. maybe I can get away with the 18 .

I'm considering getting both done. I need to do it during winter break cause during the school year, I have to wear headphones in piano every other day.

I'll def post pics when I get it done.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I've been thinking about 20 gauge... it looks more feminine to me! Does this make me a wuss?
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

It looks awesome! I love it.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Originally posted by sirrahved
    I've been thinking about 20 gauge... it looks more feminine to me! Does this make me a wuss?
    I'm not sure they would peirce you at 20.. I think they would want to do something a little larger.. when I had my last peircings done they strongly recommended 14.. I can't remember why but there was a valid reason lol..