Thread: I feel so guilty...

I feel so guilty...

I never anticipated being put on bedrest. I can be up and around for an hour or two a day, but I can't do things like walk the dogs. I feel so horrible, like I am neglecting them. My husband has been walking them, but it isn't the same. I can tell. The dogs have been misbehaving alot lately and they've started jumping on me again. I know it's because they miss me. Everytime I get off the bed or couch, they go into a psycho frenzy. They get all excited, expecting a walk. I feel bad because they run to the door, all happy and yapping and I have to tell them no. They are getting so overexcited that I have to be stern with them. I feel bad because I can't blame them.

Thank you Wolfie!

How far along are you Tonya? Could you be farther along than they think? Remember how you thought your due date was different?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm 7 1/2 to 8 months along. Either way, I still have at least a month and a half to go. And I'm sure after that, it'll be a few weeks until I can get back to normal activity. It is going to be even worse for them the first week or two that the baby is born. I'm going to hire my brother or something to walk them and take them to the park I think. But it is going to affect them no matter what. They're mama's doggies. They are totally attached to me, not anyone else.

Thank you Wolfie!

I had a bad c-section with my first and vacuumed in 6 days...actually walking is recommended after...right now is the crucial time until his lungs develop.

I have been frosted!

I sort of understand what you are going through Tonya. I had surgery a week ago, and so while I have been home with the dogs, I can't play too much with them, can't walk them, and can't let them jump on me. I did get the okay from my doctor today to start easing back into things, so I will be back to wrestling with them again soon, but in the meantime it is so hard to try and back them understand!

Good luck to you!

I have been thru 3 c sections and a kidney transplant,,, youll do great after,, just walk out the pain girl!!!

Is there a big enough space in the living room that you could throw something for them to fetch back? Something not hard enough to break anything it hits ... but that's one thing you could do while lying down that might make them feel like they're getting momma's attention, and might wear them out abit ...

All of my mom's children were premies, you tell Sprout to hang in there as long as he can, okay? Tell him the longer he stays inside, the sooner he gets to go home with Mom once he's out! Ma never got to leave the hospital with a baby in her arms, we all had to stay "incarcerated" 'til we were either big enough or strong enough to go home.

The dogs are probably happy to have you home...didn't you work out of the house before?

I have been frosted!

Originally posted by Karen
    Is there a big enough space in the living room that you could throw something for them to fetch back? Something not hard enough to break anything it hits ... but that's one thing you could do while lying down that might make them feel like they're getting momma's attention, and might wear them out abit ...

All of my mom's children were premies, you tell Sprout to hang in there as long as he can, okay? Tell him the longer he stays inside, the sooner he gets to go home with Mom once he's out! Ma never got to leave the hospital with a baby in her arms, we all had to stay "incarcerated" 'til we were either big enough or strong enough to go home.
    There is space, but my dogs always start rough housing when I throw the ball. Dusty doesn't play fetch, he just chases Roxy and tackles her. They slam eachother into walls and stuff. So I don't want to get them riled up.

Caseysmom- I work for the phone company, so yeah, I guess at least being at home right now is good. I do get to spend more time with the dogs. I just don't feel like it's quality time.

Thank you Wolfie!