Thread: Made an appt. for the "big snip" - need advice...

Made an appt. for the "big snip" - need advice...

I made an appointment for Sushi and Kirin to get the "big snip" on Friday, January 7th. We are to drop them off in the morning and can pick them up that evening. However, it wasn't until I hung up the phone that I remembered that my stupid company holiday party is the following day near Philly, so my husband and I will be traveling up there the next day and staying overnight. Samantha will be staying at my parents.

My question is, will it be okay to leave the boys completely home alone the day after their surgery overnight? We will leave around noon on Saturday and return around noon or 1 the following afternoon. Since Samantha won't be around to chase them, do you think it'd be okay? Or should I postpone the surgery for when I can be there to take care of them?

Never had a boy to take care of before.

Thanks in advance.

I am sure they would be fine but I would still call and change that appointment to a time when someone would be there to keep a eye on them. No way do we want to take ANY chances with one of our babies!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I would change the appointment, that's my 2 cents
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Personally, I would reschedule..You know you won't have a good time with you worrying the whole time..Make it another time when you can be home...you will feel a lot better, I promise~

Even thought the boys should be perfectly fine and not even be aware they had surgery the day before, I would reschedule on the "What if" principle.

Though I am not a "worrier" I would reschedule, just so you can enjoy the party without worrying about the boys the whole time. And I'm sure Kirin and Sushi don't care if it's postponed a bit, nobody likes visiting Sir Jury!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    What they said. I'd reschedule also. 99.9 % of the time it all goes well, but...
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I would reschedule as well. Like everyone said already, it'll most likely be just fine, but it'll be good to be around.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

That would be a good idea,as the Cats,need to have you conmfort,them,after what is a big stress,for them.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS