Thread: I hope this man finds his dog...

I hope this man finds his dog...

I just found this on a local papers web-site. I think I'm going to go to Nashua tomorrow and help find this mans dog. Poor thing.

Elderly Man Survives Crash, Loses Pet

POSTED: 10:44 am EST December 10, 2004

NASHUA, N.H. -- A 71-year-old Nashua man survived a traffic accident last week but has lost part of his life. William Baker's 4½-year-old terrier ran off when rescuers cut the car open and hasn't been seen since.

Baker has been back to the accident scene every day, hoping his pet, Didas, will return. Daughters, nieces and nephews also have looked and posted notices in case neighbors see the dog.

Several emergency workers and onlookers tried to grab Didas after he wriggled away from a firefighter, but he got away.

OMG!!!! I hope he finds his puppers!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Oh, how very sad Lots of prayers that Didas finds his way home very soon Stories like this just break my heart...

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

DOG IS FOUND!!!

I'm so happy! Here's the update:

Dog, Owner Reunited After Accident
    Terrier Missing For Two Weeks

POSTED: 10:32 am EST December 14, 2004

NASHUA, N.H. -- A 71-year-old Nashua man who survived a traffic accident two weeks ago but was separated from his dog in the crash has been reunited with the tiny rat terrier.

"He went berserk. He jumped on us and was crying -- you know how they kind of cry -- and just went crazy," said William Baker of his good friend Didas.

"He got a few ticks, but he's doing fine. He's been sleeping most of the day," Baker said.

Didas escaped from Baker's car after an accident in Amherst two weeks ago.

The 4½-year-old terrier raced off while Baker was being treated, and distraught family members had returned to the area daily to look for him.

"We kept going. My son and I were out the other day, and my daughter went out just about every night," said Baker, who wasn't harmed in the accident.

Baker's daughter, Debbie Archambault, had taken the story to The Telegraph and the family began getting tips.

"Somebody saw him going down the highway, then down near where the toll gate is in Merrimack," Baker said.

Then on Sunday night, the family received a phone message from Rod and Lynn Spencer of Merrimack, about 5 miles from the accident scene. They saw the dog in their driveway and recognized it from a picture in the newspaper.

Baker said the formerly 22-pound Didas lost about two pounds during his adventures.

HORRAY!! So glad that had a happy ending.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

WOO HOO!!! Oh, what a miracle! Thank goodness the poor pup wasn't injured on the highway! I'm so happy for Didas and his Dad!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I love happy endings!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

YAY!!!! Good news!!

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Thats great I can't even imagin how upset that man must of been

omgosh I am glad it has such a happy ending
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I'm so happy they were reunited, and the little dog wasn't injured, or killed by a vehicle, or preditor. It must have been one tearful reunion!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~