Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheda

Unhappy Sheda

Dear Sheda

Today I had to bury you and my heart is broken. It is amazing how much a part of my life you have become over the last 7 or so years. I still remember the day I got you. The lady from the Kennel brought over a bunch of baby German Shepherds and brought them all into the townhouse in Coquitlam. All the dogs were bouncing around and you came and sat by my feet and watched them bounce around, content to be with me. That was when I decided you were my dog.

The next day when I had to leave you at home while I went to visit clients, I rushed home to see my new puppy. When I got there the neighbor told me you had been crying all day and had wedged yourself in behind the shed and wouldn’t come out for anyone, including the SPCA. When you saw me, you came out and laid your head across my shoulder and let out a long sigh. I love you.

Over the years we have been through a lot together, our journey to Calgary, my discovery that you had Hip Displasia and that I either had to get you expensive surgery or else put you down, your seizures, my relationship with Dawn, the business, meeting Sonya, getting Nika, Marrying Sonya. You have been there through it all.

The one thing about this part of my life is that you have always been there and a part of it. Now you are gone, and I don’t know how to feel. I have your picture on my desk in front of me and I am looking at it as I type this. You were part of me and part of me has died with you.

I am so sorry that I could not be the one to hold you when you took your last breath. I wanted to be, I really did, I am sure that is a piece of regret that I will carry with me until I die. I did not think that anything would happen this weekend; I thought everything would be fine. I was shocked when I found out what had happened this morning and had to make the journey to say my last goodbye to you. I will never forget your floppy ear, or the way you looked at me. Your character was more of a friend than a pet. I am going to miss you so much!

I saved some of your hair that fell off your body today when I held you in my arms for the last time. I will keep it with this letter and your picture which I will keep somewhere special.

Sonya misses you and so does Cosmo ( Im not sure she realizes your gone yet). Nika is sorry she hurt you – she didn’t mean it, she does doesn’t understand.

You were my friend and my companion these past 7 years and I love you more than I can express in this letter. I will always hold a place in my heart which will be yours and yours alone. You were such a sweet dog and can never be replaced. We buried you under a tree at Gramma Treenies where I know you were happy and could run free, we put you in your favorite bed and I put your collar and your favorite leash ( the red one ) with you as well as some food incase you get hungry on your trip to heaven. I buried you nice and deep so nothing can get you and you can rest in peace and we put a stone over your new resting place with your name on it. Sonya put a heart on it too. I said good bye to you today at your grave and I will continue to visit when I am at Gramma Treenies, although I will always keep you here in my heart where I can remember you.

You were my pet, my friend, my companion, and I will never forget you.

I have to say goodbye now, all I have left of you is our memories and the some pictures, and a piece of your hair. I hope Sonya is right and we will see each other soon in Heaven, I hope you aren’t alone. I love you and will never forget you my darling Sheda.

Your loving Master and Friend Chris

Keep a spot warm for me in heaven so I can sit with you and hug you again when I get there. Ill never forget you and I cant wait to see you again.

I Love you Rest in Peace.

You died on November 27, a Saturday in the daytime. You had a very bad seizure and it was decided to put you down so you wouldn’t suffer anymore the seizure went on for an Hour and a Half which is longer than it has ever been. You were nom-responsive at the end, so Gramma Treeny had to put you to sleep when the vet said there was nothing he could do. You went to your final rest peacefully. You loked calm and were lying in your favorite position when I buried you yesterday. Gramma Treeny put flowers on your grave.
    I came and buried you, my beloved companion, on November 29, 2004, a Monday because we didn’t get back until town until Sunday night. I wish I had never left you.

I took my morning walk without you today it was hard – I cried through most of it and I cried when I got home.

I love you I miss you.

Memories

- Laying in front of the fridge so we couldn’t open it
    - Sticking your nose right in my face without touching me or licking me – just sniffing
    - Throwing the toy at me so I would throw it again – Nika never does that
    - Hugging you ( my favorite memory ) I would wrap my arms around you and you would just stand there – it felt like I was pushing all my love right inside you. This is how I am sure you knew I loved you. I will miss this the most
    - Laying with your head on my lap when we drove around ( when you were smaller ) in the white pickup
    - The way your fur would stand on end when you would get cranky
    - Your obsession with other animals particularly small ones
    - Your wonderful face
    - Walking between my legs when you were happy to see me
    - The way you used to lay with your paws crossed ( you were like that when I buried you )and when you would lay with your self all curled up so your nose was in your but.
    - The way you would hide the soap all over the house in the closets and in the couches
    - Towel walking you when you had your surgeries
    - How I could hold your rear end up and you would walk the stairs
    - How you would always come to me first when you were in trouble ( seizures and fights )
    - Your pointy head
    - The way you would look at me and I just knew how much you loved me

I will add to this list as I can as this will help me not to forget the little things we shared. I miss you so much it hurts.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by tkdman; 11-30-2004 at 08:40 PM.

Your letter made me cry. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sheda is beautiful .
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

That was such a beautiful letter I am crying and I don't even know you, I am sooooo sorry you are having to go through this right now Words cannot express how awful I am feeling fo you I am so sorry...

Sheda was a very gorgeous girl

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful dog, she is suerly your "heart dog." Your Sheda joins my beloved Sheba, a Shepherd mix herself, at the Rainbow Bridge, where Sheda is again happy and whole.

I'm so sorry for you loss. Sheda is most definitely watching over you. She's young and whole again and pain free at Rainbow Bridge. She'll be waiting for you when it's your turn to cross over, and you will never be apart again. You are both in my prayers tonight.
    ~Marie

Thank you everyone for your kind words,

it has been a very difficult few days, it is very nice to come to a place where the heartbreak is understood. Your comments about Sheda's Beauty warmed my heart.

Im sure my girl is thanking you too, on the rainbow bridge, where there are no Hip Replacements and no Seizures.

Chris

Such a heartfelt, beautiful letter. I am so sorry for your loss. Your Sheda was indeed a beautiful girl. I am sure she'll watch over you until you meet again.

Believe me when I say that the people you meet here definitely do understand both your intense love for her and your pain in losing her.

oh dear,,, I am so sorry,,,, typing thru tears aint easy!! your letter was moving and a loving tribute to your baby....

Oh Chris, I can't begin to say how sorry I am that you lost your beloved companion; rest assured she will be waiting to do all those endearing things with you when you meet her in heaven!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Your letter made me cry I am so sorry for your loss and I know how you feel. I can't even think of words to say how very sorry I am. She was a stunning dog. I would also like to welcome you to Pet Talk, sorry it had to be under such sad circumstances. You will find this a good place for support during good times as well as bad.

Chris, I am sitting at work bawling my eyes out!!
    That was such a wonderful touching letter to your Sheda.

I wish I could take your pain away.... just know that she is watching over you every day... and waiting till the day you two meet again!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Originally Connecticut... I currently live NY
    Your letter was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. Having lost my Yorkie Tashi only a few weeks ago I can understand your pain... she was only 6. My heart reaches out to you and I hope time will ease your pain. I know Sheda has made lots of friends ~ maybe she and Tashi are playing right now! I sure hope so. God bless you.
    Stephanie

Chris,
    Welcome to Pet Talk and I'm sorry your first posting has to be so sad. What a wonderful life Sheda must have had and your tribute to her is very touching. I'm sure she's wagging her tail in delight at the RB and is waiting on your arrival someday.

BTW, Coquitlam??? I'm in New Westminster.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

The thought of the Rainbow Bridge has helped to relieve some of the pain of loss. I had never heard of that place before finding this forum and it sounds wonderful.

It makes me feel good to know that Sheda is waiting somewhere special for me with lots of friends.

The grief of loss is quite overwhelming, but it is a small price to pay for the joy that she brought me over the last 7 years.

Sheda was a one of a kind Doggers and I miss her terribly, but if there is a place like the rainbow bridge, then I can stand to wait a little while to see her again, knowing she is happy and whole again and not suffering anymore.

Thank you everyone.

Chris

Your incredible love for Sheda is a tribute to what a special dog she was. I am sure she is at the RB playing and romping without pain except for her missing you.

welcome to PT.

Denyce