Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Would You Rather Have....? *GAME!*

Hmmm... could I have half a slice of fruit pie (apple) and half a slice of cream pie (maybe chocolate cream), please?

Mittens or gloves? Gloves, please- I tend to drop things when I'm wearing mittens.

Would you prefer a private yacht (with a captain), or a private jet (with a pilot)?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Hmmm... could I have half a slice of fruit pie (apple) and half a slice of cream pie (maybe chocolate cream), please?

Mittens or gloves? Gloves, please- I tend to drop things when I'm wearing mittens.

I can give you either a private yacht (with a captain) or a private jet (with a pilot). Which would you prefer?

Yacht here. I don't fly - ever - under any circumstances - unless someone would render me unconscious first.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm sorting through a box of books to take to the resale shop. Which got me thinking - would you rather have brand new or vintage? Not necessarily books but just in general.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

- would you rather have brand new or vintage? Not necessarily books but just in general.
    Interesting question, Elyse. For me it would depend on the particular item. As far as books though, would you rather have a hard cover or paperback? Kindle doesn't count on this one, real books only.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Interesting question, Elyse. For me it would depend on the particular item. As far as books though, would you rather have a hard cover or paperback? Kindle doesn't count on this one, real books only.
    Hard cover - less to worry about damaging it! Though paperbacks are lighter and smaller to store!

Would you rather read a Suspense or a Horror novel?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hard cover - less to worry about damaging it! Though paperbacks are lighter and smaller to store!

Would you rather read a Suspense or a Horror novel?
    How about a suspenseful horror novel??? I like both, but I'd probably go with suspense.

And hardcover or paperback??? Neither - it's a Kindle for me. Now THAT is smaller to store. Before the Kindle tho, I would go hard cover. But with the issues with my hands and arms from the cervical spine surgery, any book is "uncomfortable" for me, since it hurts my hands and arms to hold it, and turning the pages is difficult to almost impossible at times.

Next question.............

Wine
    Beer
    Mixed drink

???????
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Hmmmm... since it's almost Christmas, how about eggnog with a shot of bourbon?

Do you put Christmas gifts out as you wrap them, or do you wait to put them under the tree just before time to open gifts?

Hmmmm... since it's almost Christmas, how about eggnog with a shot of bourbon?

Do you put Christmas gifts out as you wrap them, or do you wait to put them under the tree just before time to open gifts?
    I do all the wrapping the night before the big day! Sadly we cannot have a real tree here, so there's be no place to put them ahead of time, anyway!

Would you rather have (trying to decide which to make) Tollhouse cookies, Spritz Christmas trees or gingerbread cookies for Christmas?
    I've Been Frosted

I do all the wrapping the night before the big day! Sadly we cannot have a real tree here, so there's be no place to put them ahead of time, anyway!

Would you rather have (trying to decide which to make) Tollhouse cookies, Spritz Christmas trees or gingerbread cookies for Christmas?
    Toll house !!! I'm doing my cookie baking today - a double batch each of Toll house and also peanut butter. Baked pumpkin bread on Sunday, and tomorrow I'll do a couple of apple pies. Jen will do Christmas dinner - YAY.......

And Karen answered the presents question before I had a chance, but I do it both ways - depending what's in the package. Anything edible such as any baked goods or candies, doesn't get put out till Christmas morning. Too many critters around here with super good "smellers", and they could get a whiff of what's in the package and decide to open it. Everything else gets put out when wrapped.

Next question: On a busy day such as Christmas, do you prefer a big sit down dinner, or a more simple buffet???
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Toll house !!! I'm doing my cookie baking today - a double batch each of Toll house and also peanut butter. Baked pumpkin bread on Sunday, and tomorrow I'll do a couple of apple pies. Jen will do Christmas dinner - YAY.......

And Karen answered the presents question before I had a chance, but I do it both ways - depending what's in the package. Anything edible such as any baked goods or candies, doesn't get put out till Christmas morning. Too many critters around here with super good "smellers", and they could get a whiff of what's in the package and decide to open it. Everything else gets put out when wrapped.

Next question: On a busy day such as Christmas, do you prefer a big sit down dinner, or a more simple buffet???
    Sit Down dinner - it makes it more of an "event" I think!

Would you rather receive a home-made gift or a store bought one?
    I've Been Frosted

Would you rather receive a home-made gift or a store bought one?
    It depends on the gift, in a way. But I'm always humbled when someone takes the time to give me a gift they've made.

New year, new calendar ... paper or electronic?

New year, new calendar ... paper or electronic?
    No question about it here - - - most definitely paper!

Do you prefer football or baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Do you prefer football or baseball?
    Baseball - completely!

Do you prefer snow on weekends or weekdays?

I was at the grocery store last night - no, not buying milk and bread and eggs, I had all those – just some things that were supposed to be back in stock that day, and a bag boy - yes, boy, with the complexion to prove he was still a teenager - was grousing that the storm was not going to hit on a schooldays! I wanted to gently tell him that, in a few years, when he is a working adult, jobs rarely get cancelled because of snow, so he should start getting used to it!
    I've Been Frosted

I totally LOVE snow- week days, weekends - I'll take it anytime. In fact we have two storms heading our way, one starting tonight into tomorrow then round two on Tuesday. Weather reports are saying we could get up to 20" before it's over. Bring it on!

Oh Karen, I heard something on the news this morning that the boy at the store would be interested in. Some school districts are eliminating days off for snow. Instead, the teachers send their students assignments electronically (maybe IPAD, not sure) that are due when school reopens.

On the weekend, please. I don't like driving in the snow and after last winter, I especially don't like going to or from work when it's snowing!

Corn on the cob, or candy corn?