Thread: When did you know you loved cats?

When did you know you loved cats?

I was 5 years old and down the street lived a Siamese cat. Smart yes she was. She chased anyone who got near her property even when they
    were using the sidewalk. She would chase me and as soon I was just a smidge away from her property she stopped chasing me. Juney was her name and she was a medium sized cat. I knew then and there I wanted a cat. I admired her how smart she was.

I was 30 years old (almost a life time ago), when I adopted my first cat. Even though I didn't know anything about cats, I was hooked immediately.
    The rest is history. I couldn't imagine life without those magical creatures.

cats 4 ever

Yes there's something about a cat you just know and hooked with lots of love and being your best friend.

I'm not quite sure how old I was, but probably 4-5 years old. I had a dinner plate with kitties on and I remember wanting a kitty in my childhood. I wasn't allowed to have one.

In my late teens, a friend of mine was moving and had two budgies he wanted to get rid of, so my parents got those - and enjoyed them very much.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Pretty sure I was born loving kitties, cannot remember a time I did not. My big sister was allergic to them - was hospitalized with pneumonia because of it before I was even born, so I knew I couldn't have one, but I loved them and loved on them every chance I got!

Alas, when I was 12, I became allergic to them as well, but I do still adore tham!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    The first cat I ever met was my grandmothers cat Blackie, he was very black and a bit of a dark bugger. I was 5,tried to pet him once and he scratched me, had a scar for yrs. that finally faded. HE loathed everyone but Granny. She fed him raw eggs and canned food. He killed my chick and two baby bunnys. For some reason I have always loved cats since.... weird eh. Never met a cat that vile since.

I was in high school and my sister had two cats. She and her husband were planning a vacation and asked me to cat-sit for them. They brought the cats to our house. I was taking a summer school class and every afternoon when I got home from school, I would settle in to do the homework and her calico cat would sit next to me, which I loved! Her meezer mix was so afraid, he hid under the sofa all day and then at night he meowed sooo loud, sweet boy... so I went downstairs to be with him. He went back under the sofa and I slept on it so he wouldn't be alone. He was a one-person cat, and my sister was his person. He followed her everywhere. Somewhere I have pictures of him greeting her with head bumpies and lovies when they came to get the cats after their trip.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678