Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Luna passed away last night.

Unhappy My Luna passed away last night.

She was about 5 yrs old and she was the first cat my husband and I got together. She was run over by a car. I can't go into details. It's so hard b/c my husband is in the Navy and is not here right now, so I am left to grieve with my other cat Opie, and my 18 month old son, who does not understand what has happened. I had to bury her in our yard last night, and it was so difficult. Today, I thought I saw her laying on my bed, and I had to do a double-take, but it was only my comforter, which is also black and white. I can't believe she's gone. I was just at the store yesterday, looking at what gifts I could buy them for Christmas, and now this. It still hasn't completely set in. I have always loved cats. Not liked, but loved. And I have allergies, too, but I take Flonase so I can have them as pets. And I sometimes break out in the hives from petting them, but I love cats. And they are more like family rather than pets. Any of you who have cats know who runs the house! I am so grief-stricken. My little missy (her nickname) is gone. She was such a beautiful long-hair. Her fur was so soft. She would play hockey with my son's little people toys. It was hilarious. Sometimes, she would meow and walk into the room with one of our socks hanging out of her mouth, like a dog! She would make us laugh. And now she's gone. I was thinking about getting a headstone made for our yard to put by where she is buried. If anyone know where I could order it, that would be helpful. Thanks.
    Everything happens for a reason.

I'm so sorry to hear about Luna. She sounds like she was a very special cat. I'm sure you miss her very much and this is extremely hard.

Rest in Peace sweet Luna.

I'm not sure where to order headstones but hopefully some here can help you.

Welcome to PT. I only wish it was a happier time for you. Maybe when you feel like it you will introduce us to Opie and tell us more about Luna.

From Decker with Love

She sounds so precious. The poem about the Rainbow Bridge is a concept I believe in and take comfort in ... are you familar with it? Luna is playing and happy and well at the Bridge.

So sorry your introduction to Pet Talk is so sad. I hope you continue to post here. Luna sounds like a marvelous girl.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Luna.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Gee, my heart jumped a beat because there is a "very much loved" Luna belonging to Kirsten on board here.

I'm so sorry about Luna; your heart must be breaking in two right now. Take comfort in knowing that she is at the RB playing happily with all the other kitty angels. I know that she's watching over you and purring with delight. She will never leave you.....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Rosie, I am so sorry for your loss.

I will try and find a place online where you can order a memorial stone. I know that I have seen them before.

Logan

Thanks everyone

It's nice to know that there are other pet lovers out there who understand and care about what I am going through. I still can't believe she's not here. I keep thinking she is going to walk into the room right now. It all happened so sudden. Anyway, thanks everyone for the support.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty, Luna. How sad when it was so sudden and tragic. And at such a young age. But soon you will remember only the good times and that will keep her alive in spirit.

I am so sorry to hear about Luna, I know exactly how you are feeling, I lost my darling Sooti,at just over a year old,the heartache feels unbearable at times, I can only send you my love and Hugs at this time, and tell you in time your heart will heal some, but you will never forget your Luna. rest in peace sweet Luna.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am sorry to hear about your beloved Luna. I understand exactly how you feel. I have lost a few kitties in my life...it is never easy. I know in time you will find peace in your heart and you will remember all the good times you had with Luna.

There are a few places that have memorial stones..one being

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

you can also do a search for pet memorials.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

So very, very sorry.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

The Pet talker angels,are accepting Luna,in thier fold,and Luna,will have a Dinner,in her honor,in Alexandria Egypt,where The Angels,are vacationing! We are sorry,to hear,that yet another Cat,has lost out to a Car.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. RIP, Luna.

I'm so sorry to hear this about your luna...
    When I lost Mercedes, I had a schnauzer statue that looked just like her and I have it on her gravesite..on the side of the house. Then I painted a nice flat rock and put pawprints and her name, bdate/dod on it...it is more special to me doing it myself. This might also help you thru the grieving process..~hugs

Thanks again to everyone who posted their support. It makes it a little easier to deal with all of this. To catlover4ever, thanks for the website. I found a few items I could get my cat Opie for Christmas; he is so lost right now. To GraciesMommy, thanks for the idea of making your own stone. A good friend of mine also suggested that, and some of the craft stores sell a ceramic stone-making kit, that comes with mosaic tiles, where you can create your own design. I think I am going to purchase one of those and make a little cat out of the tiles and put my own info about Luna, her nickname, etc. I still can't believe she's gone. I know I keep saying that but I still expect to see her come in the room. My other cat, Opie, mopes around the house, and he's usually a very active, vocal cat. I feel bad for him b/c now he's the only cat, and he is very social with other cats. I guess only time will help. Anyway, thanks to everyone.