Thread: Got a Ferret!!!

Got a Ferret!!!

I just bought a ferret for my father for Christmas. He wanted one and kept pointing out this one ferret. I snuck over to the pet store and bought it Cage and all. He lives 2 hours away so I am keeping it at my house.
    However, I get home and try to introduce it to my cat and dogs. The Ferret wanted to play! My dog's scooby reaction was quite different since he is part terrier. The ferret fell off the pool table and onto the floor with the 4 dogs!!! Luckily, the 3 dogs just chased it and barked. Scooby however, wanted to eat it!!!!
    I dove under the dining room table and rescued the poor ferret. Who also bit me in the process! I calmed her down and held her. She was OKAY!!! It took her playful mood away quick! The dogs were swiftly banned from the house and were NOT in my good graces!
    The ferret is now in a separate room away from the dogs. I have let them sniff the cage one at a time so to ease their curiousity of each other. I am pretty sure that the dogs and the ferret will be okay around eachother in the future.
    Okay, so I am also getting attached to the ferret. I'm trying to leash train it. I've also named it : Measly Weasle. Measly for short. The shop owner had it named Missy but that is my name. She is about 2 -3 months old. My dad raised ferrets. We would have about 20 at a time. They always bit me and left him alone!
    I can't wait till my dad sees Measly! He is going to be soo shocked!!! His wife doesn't want him to have one so she may be mad at me. I couldn't resist. Now if my father wants me to keep the ferret at my house.... I think that could be arranged!!!
    Scooby, Shaggy the "Dogs", Ms. Thang the "Cat" and introducing Measley Weasle "The Ferret".

Congrats! Glad she's okay; Measly Weasle is such a cute name. Sounds like you gotta plan.hehe. Best of luk!
    -Erebus3-

Oh, sounds like fun! Good thing the dogs didn't eat her, that wouldn't have been good. I hope your dad likes it and his wife doesn't get mad. *hee hee*

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

Measly Weasle is such a cute name

Omg I love ferrets! Do you have any pictures of Measly Weasle? I am also glad she is alright.
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

Pics? mmm

I am afraid to take pics of measly. I am already getting attached to her!!! I think I am spoiling her a little now. I gave her an entire bedroom to play in. She loves to play!
    Her exploring nature is out of this world! I let her out to explore and she loves it. I wish I had gotten her a playmate! But I guess I will do for now.
    Okay, I can't wait to give her to my dad BUT I secretly hope he sees how much I like her and lets me keep her!!! Although that isn't a good idea with my 4 dogs and cat.
    My dad is retired and has more time to play with her than I do. He gave me his dog Benji a few months ago. He misses her alot. The ferret should be much better for him to handle than a big border collie! He raises fish as well but they aren't that playful!
    Well I got to go check on Measly. I may give her a bath today. She had fleas at one time. I found some flea eggs on her as well. Plus the doggy slobber needs to come off! Take care!!!
    Scooby, Shaggy the "Dogs", Ms. Thang the "Cat" and introducing Measley Weasle "The Ferret".