Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acne?

Originally posted by
    The Dr. also prescribed me Benzaclin, which was the most horrid thing to ever put on a face. It burned and burned and burned, I had to wash it off my face immediately it was too powerful for me.
    I had something like that, I don't know what it was called but wow it burned. It made my face red and dry.

Now I use some pill. I take one at day and one at night. It clears it up really good...I dunno what it's called now...but it's working.

I usually have it around my nose and on forehead.

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

I just started using Dermologica and I love it.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Tonya, I hope you're not using Accutane now that you're preggers!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    I just started using Dermologica and I love it.
    Their stuff is great. My skin was always to oily, so I'd never used a moisturizer. Once I started using their Active Moist moisturizer, it really balanced my skin out.

Thank you Wolfie!

Originally posted by smokey the elder
    Tonya, I hope you're not using Accutane now that you're preggers!
    No, I'm not. Accutane causes awful birth defects. They make you come in monthly for pregnancy tests and always have two forms of birth control. I quit Accutane in December of last year and started trying for a baby in Janurary. I didn't get pregnant until May, so I'm free and clear!

Accutane works well, but it is a very harsh medication. My skin cracked, blistered, bled...my lips were so chapped. I was always dehydrated and I sunburned easily. And it causes depression. I hadn't had trouble with depression in years until I started the Accutane. I would deffinatly say that Accutane should only be used as a last resort.

Thank you Wolfie!

Originally posted by Tonya
    Haha, I just remembered what one my friend's Portugese grandmother recommended. She says your first morning urine is superb for acne. Just pee on a washcloth and pat your face with it. I never got desperate enough to try that one. LMAO.
    LMAO Tonya! Somehow I don't think I'll get desperate enough to try that..

Originally posted by popcornbird
    I know you're going to think the egg white/lemon juice thing is gross, but it really works well. My mom's friend said one of her friends was a 'model', and that was one of her secrets.
    Interesting. Hehe, I don't know if I'll be able to force myself to do that as well. Never know, though. Maybe..

i have little enough to just let them go away by themselves in acouple days.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

The only thing that works for me is glycerine soap. For years I washed my face with rubbing alcohol, and you could see all of the disgusting grunge coming off of my face, but the alcohol never really helped. Now that I'm using glycerine soap, if I wash my face with alchohol, nothing will come off.

It's SO great. It is the best for oily skin (like mine) because it really dries it out. If your skin is not oily, just apply the soap to the zits. I wash my face with it almost every day (now that it's winter and the weather is more dry, I've slowed down some), and my face is clear. I also had terrible acne on my back for a couple of years, and the glycerine soap completely cleared it up. It's very cheap, you can buy it practically everywhere, it comes in so many different scents, shapes, and colours, and it's natural. After I use it I just feel so clean, and I look cleaner too. It's very refreshing.

Remember not to pop your zits until they are ready. You'll know when they are ready when they turn white and get big, like they are just waiting to burst.
    I've been BOO'd!

I've never had acne at all, so I wouldn't know anything about how to treat it.

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I have tried Proactiv and was happy with the results. Everyone I know that has tried Proactiv swears by it. One of the girls from work has a history of hoooorrribblle acne with large scars and postules almost boil like. And she started Proactiv and swears by it now...
    I have been using the Clinique 3 step skin care and just have occasional breakout.
    I think Jordyn, that the reason that maybe the alcohol didn't work it b/c it is soooo drying to you're face that I bet it backfired, your skin can overcompensate and make your face even more oily.
    BEEN THERE DONE THAT!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by Tonya
    Haha, I just remembered what one my friend's Portugese grandmother recommended. She says your first morning urine is superb for acne. Just pee on a washcloth and pat your face with it. I never got desperate enough to try that one. LMAO.
    I have! Yep, I admit it. I was in junior high though and desperate!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Did it work, Luckies4me, or just make it worse
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

The stuff I use is called Clear Zone and I bought it at CVS.Its similar to Proactive, but its cheaper and you dont have to order it.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

Originally posted by Lilith Cherry
    Did it work, Luckies4me, or just make it worse

No, it actually worked LOL!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Teens are not alone in getting acne, as you get to pre-menopause the same darn thing happens to some of us all over again, actually as a teen I was pretty lucky, but I am making up for it now, I don't get acne as such, but when I get a few blemishes they are real monsters, more like cysts really, and keep coming up in the same place, hideous looking things.

I have no magic cure, hormones have a lot to answer for, I find cleansing and all that stuff makes mine worse, so I stopped all of that, just plain water in the shower daily, I use oil of Olay moisturiser and clearsil for the spots.

I guess just like our teens, I have to grow out of it again, hmmm, I can't wait, believe me its just as embarrassing at this age as when you are a teen, maybe even more so, because everyone expects teens to get some pimples, not us oldies.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️