Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: To the Thursdays crowd!

To the Thursdays crowd!

It looks as though the bar isn't open yet.........and I won't be here tomorrow or near a computer for the next few days.

So I opened up this thread to just wish each and every one of you a glorious day filled with lots of good food, friends and love.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING............have a DOTD on me!

XOXOXOXOXO
    You'd better check in when you return.....I have your number and I know where you live....
    {{{HUGS}}}

Thanksgiving Cocktail

1 1/2 oz Wild Turkey Bourbon Whiskey
    1/2 oz Applejack Brandy
    1 tsp Rose's Lime Juice
    4 oz Cranberry Juice

Fill Collins glass one-half full of ice, add ingredients and stir. Garnish with a lime wedge, if desired.

Thanksgiving Cocktail #2

1 oz Dry Vermouth
    3/4 oz Gin
    3/4 oz Apricot Brandy
    1/2 tsp Creme de Cassis
    1/2 tsp Lemon Juice

Pour the vermouth, gin, apricot brandy, creme de cassis and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve in a cocktail glass.

Last edited by slick; 11-23-2004 at 11:31 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Have a wonderful day Gini, wherever you are!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Say Hey ya'll! Going out of town Gini? Have a safe and wonderful few days. Funky down Slick! And KKKaren... I'm meeting Emily-The-Spoiled (Cheryl) for lunch today and we will hoist a Thanksgiving toast to you. See you guys in a few minutes over at Thursday's (or is this the starter thread?? hmmmm )

I'll be on the road tomorrow and Friday so I won't be checking in either.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and ask that you enjoy your time with loved ones. I also ask that you say a prayer for those who are struggling this season. Hugs to all.

Originally posted by lbaker
    or is this the starter thread?? hmmmm )
    Might as well make this the starter thread. I don't think Gini has started one before....so let's make this one officially Thursday #82!

Unless Richard has other plans, that is.....
    Last edited by slick; 11-24-2004 at 09:38 AM.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

WOO HOO HOO, WE'RE 82 Funny, I don't feel that old I'm sorta like Logan here Slick with the "brown liquor" yuk. So I'll skip the Wild Turkey but I think Gini left a lovely bottle of dry, white California wine for us to celebrate with. Maybe later we can share a glass of champagne with some fresh strawberries and pretend we're "Pretty Women".

Gini, have a good time and a safe thanksgiving!! A nd I'm speaking for Donna, too!

Ooh, I'll join you in a nice white wine, since you're celebrating a holiday!

David, are you now Donna's official spokesperson?!

Oh Laurie, I just loved that movie so much I went out and bought it...but we must not forget the floss! I'd love to share a glass with you.

Hi KK, Hi David.

I'll make some more Bailey's if anyone is interested. Speaking of which....I really need to start gathering my ingredients. I always make Bailey's at Christmastime and give away as presents. Too bad it's not "shippable".
    --unknown

--Polar Express

I need that recipe again Slick. Wasn't it on a previous thread somewhere? Great idea for Christmas presents! By the way, Mario said he absolutely loooooves my sweet potato souffle with LOTS of marshmallows on top. So there. Here you go Karen, and look! I brought out the fancy glasses for the holiday!

Ooh are we watching a movie again this week? Excellent!

Yes, I'd love to taste your Baileys, Slick. Are you sure it's not shippable? I mean, if you can buy wine over the internet ...

I wish, but I don't have the proper packaging for it. You know that there would be a bottle on your doorstep if I could arrange it! Karen, a few weeks ago there was a mention in some thread about a group of us travelling to England. Gini and I have decided that we are not going to let this idea die...maybe when it happens we can take a side trip up to see you and I can make some for you in purrson.

Laurie..for your drinking pleasure:

In a big bowl, whiz up all the following ingredients until it gets nice and foamy. Then taste, then bottle, then taste again. Does not have to age. Can be consumed right away.

1 mickey Rye
    1 large (1 litre) whipping cream
    1 small (1 pint) 1/2 & 1/2 or creamo
    2 eggs
    4 tblsp. chocolate syrup
    1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
    2 tblsp. instant coffee
    1 can Borden's sweetened condensed milk

This recipe may be doubled or tripled depending on the size of the bowl and the amount of consumption.......And of course, the amount of Rye may vary depending on taste......I always put a little extra in........

Makes three 26-oz bottles. Because it's made with dairy products, it only lasts about 3 weeks in the fridge. Unfortunately, it will have to be used up in that time........

Now as for the conversions:
    1 mickey of Rye is comparable to a "fifth"
    1 liter = 33.8140226 ounce [US, liquid]
    1 liter = 35.1950797 ounce [UK, liquid]
    1 pint [UK] = 20 ounce [UK, liquid]
    1 pint [US, liquid] = 16 ounce [US, liquid]
    Last edited by slick; 11-24-2004 at 10:38 AM.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

You can't possibly go all the way to England and not come to see me!!!!! Not just for the Baileys, obviously ...

Now as far as the recipe goes, what's creamo?