Thread: Mimi sneezing......

Mimi sneezing......

OK, my cats are so healthy, other than Butter's occasional skin issues, that I don't exactly know how to react this morning. Mimi is sneezing. It just started this morning. There is no discharge, and she doesn't seem uncomfortable at all. If she wasn't 15 years old, I'd probably not even be asking this question, but she is, so, what would you do? My first inclination is to watch her and if it continues, take her to the vet. But, it's Friday, and my vet isn't open on the weekend.

What would you suggest that I do?

EDIT: I called the vet before even hitting "send" on this message. I'm going to take her in at 4 this afternoon. They said it would be better to be "safe" and go ahead and get her a shot of antibiotics and let him listen to her than to worry all weekend long. I agree. I'll keep you posted, and if you don't mind, send some positive thoughts for my sweet furry girl.

It could be just some dust that got into her nose... . But you are just like I am, better safe than sick!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I think Boots, da Kat, must have read this post -
    he just went into *hiding*...

Last night he was sprawled on the dining room table and the Dawgs were under it, all three catching some Zzzzz's...

Out of the blue (and a SOUND Sleep ) -
    da KAT blew off a *SNEEZE* so hard he almost
    fell off the table!

The Dawgs flew off in fright;
    and da Kat *shook* his head so hard I thought his ears were
    going to take flight by themselves!

Hasn't been a *sniffle* or *snort* since... so I'm not worried -
    but it does make you wonder!

Hope Mimi just has a Dust Bunnie caught in there and
    that it's nothing serious.
    But a trip to the White Coat often makes the 2-Legger feel better!

Purrayers for a good report
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Filou sometimes has these sneezing attacks. He had it more often when he was younger. Up to now I always waited and he was ok but I agree- if he was a senior kitty I'd be better safe than sorry.

All the best for Mimi and tell Butter I said he should be nice to her (only one day or so )

I hope it's just a little dust or maybe from all the leaves falling and being tracked in possibly. Good luck at the vet, please let us know how it goes.

From Decker with Love

Wanted to let you know that my precious girl is ok. He gave her a shot that included antibiotics, some kind of allergy something (I'm sorry, I don't remember) and vitamin B12 to boost her immune system (because of her age). Her lungs sounded great and he had no other concerns about her. He said he believes it to be an allergy and was not related to her night outside in the rain last night (I don't think I even told you that she spent the night out, last night. I didn't know it until this morning ). Of course, he also reminded me that it could be a blade of grass caught in her throat...he was kidding, but he remembered that we had a mess with her a few years ago and it turned out, after he put her under, that there was one single blade of grass, stuck in her palette! Neither of us have forgotten that episode!

Have a good night, my friends, and thank you for caring.

Logan

Coming late to this thread... So, Miss Mimi had a night on the town and it left her with a sneezy fit? Sounds like she was lucky it wasn't worse, doesn't it? So glad that you're such a conscenious meowmy and now you won't have weekend worry syndrome. {{{gentle hugs to you both}}}
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

We found the answer to the continued sneezing this morning. I should have known, and Dr. Robinson should have too, probably. It was a blade of grass, AGAIN!!!

This is gross, but Helen saw it coming out of one of Mimi's nostrils. It took both of us to do it, but I held her still and Helen was able to pull it out. It was about 3 inches long. That poor girl has been trying to sneeze it out for almost a week! She should be much more comfortable now. This is the 3rd time that this has happened. Seems we would learn, doesn't it?

Eeeww...but poor Mimi! I'm glad you found out what it was and got it out for her.

But, how did the grass get in her nostril in the first place?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Eeeww...but poor Mimi! I'm glad you found out what it was and got it out for her.

But, how did the grass get in her nostril in the first place?
    I wish I knew. She obviously "grazes" a bit, like the dogs do, and it goes the wrong way. I have no idea! My vet told me, the first time this happened, that he had never seen it before. The second one we saw before it became a problem (also in the nose.... ). And this time, there was no sign, just the constant sneezing. She got a shot of antibiotics, allergy medicine, vitamin B12 and probably steroids on Friday, as the only thing that could be concluded was that it was allergies.

Now we know! Poor baby. I feel horrible for her!

Third time's the *charm*...

THREE INCHES LONG!??

ww!

Better take a NOTE and stick it on the fridge in case there's a repeat!

Kind of strange she wasn't *pawing* at her nose.

Bet she's *glad* THAT's over with!!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy