Thread: How to get a smell out of a cat?

How to get a smell out of a cat?

What is the best way to get a smell out of a cat's furr? Stormy some how has the smell of pee on her furr... I think it's because she went exploring and went through something that had the smell... Im not sure though... Please tell me what the best way to get the smell off her is... My clothes smell if I touch her.... Please help me

~*Becky*~

RIP Stormy
    RIP Sky

They have pet wipes and also pet cologne hope this helps if not she may need the groomers...

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Sounds like bathtime to me. Pouncer often likes to roll around in dirty litter... then he smells TERRIBLE. Into the tub he goes. It is not too hard a job, just make sure her nails are trimmed before you start (you'll thank yourself for it)

hey thanx... ill TRY the bath thing... it may not work out that well.... Stormy HATES water, unless its goin down her throat.... lol.... im cheap so ill try the bath....

~*Becky*~

RIP Stormy
    RIP Sky

Good luck with the bath. My cats hate it, but I still put them through it from time to time. If you don't have cat shampoo, baby shampoo is safe to use.

I also have the pet wipes too, as a good refresher backup! LOL LOL

I know there are some sprays you can use sort of as a dry bath...but see how the bath works for you and let us know how it goes! Good luck!

hey everyone, i bought some kitty shampoo and gave my darling a bath she looked cute... she was drenched.... i put too much shampoo in the water though.... i had to use a bucket for the shampoo and water and put it on her with my hands.... it took me about 10 minutes.... she tryed to escape a few times, but i got her.... now shes a clean kitty, but her head smells still... im not comfortable gettin close to her eyes with that stuff.... all well, shes a clean kitty.... lol.... she got my shirt soaked when i picked her up in the towel so i had to change my shirt.....

Now Im in the mood to give Smokey a bath... but never Mittens... Shes psycho.... lol just kidding.... but i wouldnt trust her in the tub with me washing her.... she attacks me.... lol....

Maybe later on....

~*Becky*~

RIP Stormy
    RIP Sky

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Having done rescuing for too many years, and needing to cage my newcomers until they've had shots, testing etc. I've had more than my share of stinky kittens! I think they smell wonderful when I rub them with a Downy fabric sheet for the dryer. It's dry, so no water involved, is non-toxic in case they lick it, and makes them smell so fresh. I've had to resort to bathing some however, and try to work fast. Most cat shampoos are fine to use on their heads,(read directions) but they shouldn't get water in their ears. I do a quick shampoo across the head, and cuff my head over ears, and eyes to rinse, while leaning their nose toward the ground. Needless to say, most times, they give up due to shock of being wet, so not too many fighters. Chip on the otherhand is my resident nutcase black Siamese cat who loves to roll in the potty. But he times it till after I'm done scooping thankfully!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I had,that trouble,with Mr Fluffy,as he had long fur,that he pooed,once,in a while! A Mild Shampoo,and the Laundry Tub,with luke warm water,did the trick,for RB Fluffy.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS