Thread: Has anyone ever used Capstar?

Has anyone ever used Capstar?

Has anyone used Capstar flea control tablets?

If so, do they work? Would you recommend them??

Thanks.

I personally haven't used it on my dogs but I know a lot of rescue people that use it for their dogs. From what I've heard, it sounds pretty effective.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

sorry I never heard of it.

"Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

I have never heard of it either. Sorry.

Deb, Monty and Kiki
    Nikita Mommy & Daddy Miss You So Much.....Always Will....Look For Cappy Sweetie & Keep Each Other Company. Cappy You Stole So many hearts Sweet Boy. We All Love You & Miss You. Play Hard Sweet Babies.

I have had a couple of stray cats that were given Capstar by the vet because they were full of fleas. It worked very well. By the time I picked the cats up at the end of the day, all fleas were dead.

I don't think it's use is intended to be a preventative. The site says it can safely be given the next day if needed, but at $5.00 a pop, I would rather prevent than treat often.

Mary

We use it with the greys when they are new to the kennel.
    That way when new greys come in and if they have fleas they don't pass them along to everyone else.

If you do use it don't be surprised if the dog starts to scratch for a bit of time after you give it to them. The fleas will get a bit active before they die and the dogs may scratch.

Works really well but not for a preventitive normally for quick fix to get the fleas off the dog while your freeing your home from the fleas or if they just came out of the vets office and picked up a flea or two.

Does work really well though

We used it at the clinic alll the time, it's not good a preventative though like others have said, but it works great when it's very much needed
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

I've got some from Oz and Gull's puppy packages from the vet, but haven't had a need to use it yet. I found out their Sentinel heartworm medicine has a flea preventative already in it and it must work pretty good, because I've not seen a flea on any of my 3.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards