Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FACE 2 FACE! Josie & Brodie together!

FACE 2 FACE! Josie & Brodie together!

We've been letting Josie & Brodie meet through a baby fence since Friday night.

Josie hissed & growled a lot at first . . . but she finally settled down a little today. So we decided to let Brodie out of our room and let the two meet face to face.

Went better than I thought. Josie would swat at him but it wasn't hard . . . more like she was tapping him on the top of the head, like she just wanted to touch him!

Then he started swatting back . . . it was so funny to see this teeny baby defending himself & fighting back! He also was doing this little kitten hiss/spit. (so cute!) I don't really know, but it was almost as if they were playing a few times. I may be wrong though.

Brodie was more interested in exploring the parts of the townhouse that he hasn't been in yet . . . and Josie was on his heels the whole time!

OK, here's a few pics of the two . . . kinda hard to get them in one shot, LOL . . .

Keeping her distance while Brodie plays with HER toy!!!

Gets a little closer:

Here they are exchanging dirty looks, LOL:

That's all for now . . . we're going to keep doing this, a few times a day . . . hopefully Josie will become more comfortable with him.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

This is looking good already Christa. If Josie will casually lay down in the same room and watch Brodie play with her toy, I don't see any big problems at all. Josie is interested!

I agree with Sirrahbed ... things are looking really great, Christa! They should be friends now in no time! Cant' wait to see more pics!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

You are doing great. Her body language looks good in the photos. Look at how much smaller he is! He's too darn cute!

Before yuo know it, you'll be posting grooming pictures! I just know it!

Oh gosh Brodie is just too darn cute and Josie is such a pretty girl.

I agree with the others that it is starting to look good from this end.

When I first got Mooky, he was 5 weeks old and the first few days of intro, my Katie, who was 11 years old at the time, wanted nothing to do with him. She did like Josie is doing, kept her distance. Then next thing I knew, Katie was taking to him like it was her kitten. So good luck.

Good job Christa and can't wait to see more pictures.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

The hissing and spitting was the first sign Filou and Tigris were making a contact after they had ignored each other for a week. The next thing was they lay in bed together

Wishing the same to Josie and Brodie

I think letting them meet gradually is a great way to do it. I agree with the others it sounds like it is going well. I also think the fact that she felt comfortable to lay down near him is a very good sign.

I bet they'll be pals in no time.

From Decker with Love

Thanks for all your encouragement guys!

We just had another "visit" for Brodie & Josie. About the same . . . Josie stays on his heels & taps him with her paw every chance she gets. She swatted him a few times pretty hard, but he had it coming to him. He got brave and started charging at her! LOL He did explor HER room this time . . . she didn't seem to mind . . . even when he ate out of her food bowl and drank from her water bowl!!!

One good sign, I think . . . Josie always makes this noise when she's talking to us . . . it's strange, I can't explain it . . . but she made that noise a few times when they were running around upstairs. It was almost as if they were playing. Josie's just so much bigger & stronger, she plays rough!!!
    -christa

Christa this is wonderful!!! Josie is doing way better than she could be! I promise you that within a few days those two are going to be burning up the carpet in chases! This is so CUTE!! It won't be long at all before they are the best of buds. Josie wants to play with him and he obviously wants to play with her. They are figuring each other out right now but I see tons of fun right around the corner. If your little wacko is anything like my little wacko then Josie won't be able to hurt him and she is going to have a blast with him.

I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait for more pictures. They are both so adorable but Brodie is beyond cute!!!

That sounds really good!! Josie is doing very well for a new big sis... I was laughing so hard picturing her giving him little taps on his wee head LOL

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

wonderful pics!! Brodie is such a doll
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I wouldnt worry,as I think,that they will soon,be Fast Friends.When I brought,in Scrappy,Pouncer was angry,for the first three weeks,but they eventually,became the Very Best,Of Cat Friends!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I love that last pic! It really shows just how tiny Brodie is, but I love the body language of both of them.

I think they're doing wonderfully together, but I still think it's good to supervise their visits just because he is so much tinier. Once he gets a little bigger and can defend himself better, Josie just might want to start watching just who she's swatting.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    I think they're doing wonderfully together, but I still think it's good to supervise their visits just because he is so much tinier.
    Supervision is a MUST right now! She's so rough . . . she was swatting at him really hard last night. Funny thing is . . . it's almost like he asks for it! She runs out and charges her . . . she chases him . . . they settle down and then here he comes back for more! I think he's playing and Josie is trying to play, but she doesn't know how so much.

He'll definitely be a match for Josie when he gets a little bigger! He already swats back at her!

-christa

They are so cute together!
    I can't believe how tiny Brodie is next to Josie.
    She won't be able to resist such a little cutie for long.
    Keep the great photos coming.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy