Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Friendship Thread

Nope

I've done lost contact with alot of my good friends over the last 6 years. I miss them so much. I have one friend I do still talk to maybe 1 or 2 times every month that is it.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

I have a couple close friends but I wouldn't say they are "true" friends.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Yes, I have two friends like that, Sammie and Katie.

I've known Sammie since I was born. Our parents are friends so we see each other a lot because of that. We always have fun together and can be up all night talking about nothing. We don't have too many similar interests, I love animals and could never be away from them, she hates nature. She thinks nature is a scary place and she loves shopping. We keep each other balanced.

My other good friend, Katie, and I have also known each other since we were little but, we used to hate each other! Our parents are also friends. We are more alike, we both love animals and want to be vets. She is alot quiter than Sammie though (Sammie can talk your ear off!)

They have both helped me deal with hard times and no matter what they have always been my friends!

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

My last best friend was my hubby, so, nope, not me.

Friends outside PT:

My cousin is my best friend. We've grown up together and we've always been like sisters. People have even asked us if we're sisters , but we're actually not even blood-related! (Only through marriage of my parents are we related) She's the bass player of my "band" lol.

I have another really good friend I met at Latvian camp in Washington state. We talk online every day since he lives 7 hours away from me! But when we see each other we always have sooo much fun together.

All of the other friends I had moved away to different colleges, hours away, different states, or even a another country!...

Friends?

No, I have to say that my friends have come and gone. My true friends are my family. They are there for every one of us. My sisters and brother-in-laws, nieces, and nephews to. And my very best loyal buddy is Chica my Brindle Chihuahua.

My Little Chica

Yes, I have six very close friends that I've known since childhood or high school. I hope we never lose touch with each other. Right now, they all go to college out of state and so I only see them during breaks. I call them about once a week and we chat on instant messengers. Some of them have serious boyfriends and I was afraid our friendship might be affected negatively, but thankfully it wasn't. Some of them have begun growing in different directions (socially, politically, emotionally) and we've stuck that out too. One of my close friends is studying abroad in France this year - for the WHOLE year, and isn't even coming home for Christmas break. This is the longest I've ever had to be away from her since the 9th grade, and I miss her a lot. We can only e-mail each other - no calls, no instant messenger - but she's still been there for me to offer guidance and support, across all those miles. We will both turn 21 in December and so I'm putting together her birthday package now to send to her. I'm really sad that we won't get to be with each other for our birthdays this year, but at least I know she's having the time of her life.
    This thread has made me realize how lucky I am.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Yep.

First theirs my two sisters.

(L to R- Me 14, Tylene 25, Stephanie 19)

They are the best. I love them with all of my heart. I tell them everything, and vice versa. Being with them it's like going to disney or something, they are just soo fun and we always end up laughing so hard, in each other's presence.

We recently went on vacation together, just the 3 of us and i never wanted it to end. We had a blast, I would never ever want to replace them.

And then their is Ashley.

When you see Amber, there's ashley following, or vice versa. Our parent's are best friends, and we always said that our dog's and cat's were too. We go to different schools now, so i miss her terribly. We still try and talk though, but we both get busy.

We tell eachother everything. She's there for me, no matter what.

I love her like she was my own sister. She's my mom's 6th child.

Yup! I have some amazing friends but I have one very special friend. Recently, things have been getting rough but we always overcome our problems. Actually, we just got over another argument yesterday but I think we're even better off now than before.

Tiffaney is a wonderful person. She's very understanding of others, and shares a love for animals as well. We've had some great times together since Grade 8.

Tiff and I heading back home from Whistler:

Some fun times at the mall/photobooth:

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by CamCamPup33
    Yep.

First theirs my two sisters.

(L to R- Me 14, Tylene 25, Stephanie 19)

One of my good friends is named Tyleen. (Spelled a little different.) That's only the second time I've heard that name.

Thank you Wolfie!

Paul came to mind first, but as he's part of Pet Talk, can I technically not count him? He's my best friend as well as my husband. I knew him before Pet Talk existed, so can he count? Please?

Then, yes, I re-read the description, and that would apply to my three siblings and a sister-in-law as well. We may be weird, but we're there for each other when it comes down to it. And when we can all get together, we can cover 4 parts singing, too.

There are a couple other people that are friends to which the description would also apply, even if we're not quite as in touch as we once were, due to our busy lives, I know if I needed them, they'd be there.

Yes, I am blessed. And thankful.

Wow, I can't believe all the responses. When I started this thread I was a little concerned. For those of us who do not have that one true friend close by, there is no need to feel bad about it. Perhaps that true friend just hasn't crossed our paths yet. I still feel blessed that I have "casual friends" in my life. They make me laugh and they comfort me if I reach out to them. Life isn't so bad after all.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

My family...my mom, dad, brother, and other relatives. We are a very close family and will always be there for each other no matter what. My mom, dad, and brother are my 'best friends'.

I do, however, have two very close friends (out of the family) that I've known since we were toddlers and basically grew up with. We see each other quite often....1 at least once a week (sometimes several times a week), and the other, about 2 times a month or so. We try to call each other almost everyday. I know that if I ever needed someone, a shoulder to cry on, help for anything, whatever, those two friends would always be there for me. I too, would always be there for them. While we are very close, sadly, with school, etc. sometimes our lives occupy us more than we'd like, and there are times when we don't hear from each other for awhile. Still, I know the 'feeling' is there, and if I ever needed them, I know they would leave everything and be there for me. I don't have too many 'close friends', so those two mean the world to me.

My best friend is Emma, I know she will always be there for me. On the few occasions where I've called at 3 a.m. she's actually shown up at my house to come cheer me up. Honestly I'm not ever sure I'd be willing to get out of bed at 3 a.m. Anytime I've ever had a problem she's always been there for me.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

My boyfriend is my best friend. We've been together 15 years now and I'm truly grateful to have him. He's just a wonderful person and we get along so well. Sash is my other best friend.