Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Friendship Thread

The Friendship Thread

Since so many of us are having trouble with friendships these days I thought I would start this Friendship Thread. Don't know if this will go over but here goes.

Do you, or did you, have one true friend in your life OUTSIDE of Pet Talk? Someone who would come over at 3am just to console you? Someone who would give the shirt off his/her back to keep you warm? Someone who will stick by you through thick and thin? That person could be a childhood friend or perhaps a coworker. If so, then you are very, very lucky. Has that friend done something unbelievably special for you? We all have special friends through Pet Talk but I'm talking about people in your personal lives. Personally, I don't have anyone that fits into this category. Do you?

I want to make this a postive thread.
    Last edited by slick; 11-14-2004 at 10:16 AM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I have my one best friend Darla. We met when our youngest kids, who are now 20, were starting kindergarten so we have been friends for about 15 years. Since our families are both military - keeping a long term friendship is often difficult but she has endured like a little sister to me. She has been with me through my depressions, hospitalizations, the death of my mom and a terrible crisis with my church. I have been with her through her divorce, heartbreak, living as a single mom and just many painful things. She now lives six hours away but we e-mail every day and talk on the phone once a month or so for a couple hours.
    She loves dogs and I love cats. She loves sports and I love sitting around. She is outgoing and I am shy. But we are best friends and I know we would do anything for each other at anytime. We can count on it

I only wish I had a friend who was close by - but since I DO have a best friend, I am blessed

I HAD to come back and add to this! I LIVE with my very best friend! It is my hubby. I met him when I was 15 years old and will have been married to him for 30 years in December. He has always been there for me no matter what. I can wake him at 3am and he will sit up and listen to me cry. He will literally give me his shirt if I am cold. He still loves me and thinks I am beautiful and looks at me like he did before his eyes went bad He treats me like a porcelain princess and taught ours sons to do the same. He taught my daughter that she was special and better expect to be treated that way. He loves animals and is gentle but can go to work as a sub and scare the pants off high school kids and have them calling him "sir". He is honest and loving, smart and interesting. He tells corny jokes and plays any musical instrument with strings. He can build just about anything out of wood. Here we are looking goofy - about to leave for our trip to Kentucky and Tennessee last month

Last edited by sirrahbed; 11-14-2004 at 10:23 AM.

No, not really...

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Originally posted by slleipnir
    No, not really...

me too...
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I have a few friends that I care for, but only one that I trust with all my heart. I feel secure that no distance, man or woman, or circumstance will ever come between us. Her name is Tina and we've been friends since we were 12. She lives in San Diego (about 7 -8 hours away), but we see eachother about every other month. We don't talk to often because neither of us are phone people but we always pick up where we left off when we see eachother. She's the one person in the world that I feel comfortable telling any and everything to. She knows everything about me (and me about her).

She's hilarious and totally crazy. We have so much fun together. When I became a mother, alot of my friends faded away. The family life has never bothered Tina. She'll turn a night out down just to hang out with me.

Here's us on a night out this spring...right before I got pregnant. I think we were in Long Beach.

And us with Marge and Sas. We've been close friends with them since we were young also. Marge eventually married Tina's brother, so she's also Tina's sister in law now.

Last edited by Tonya; 11-14-2004 at 10:35 AM.

Thank you Wolfie!

Great thread topic.

Yes Heather, we have been friends for about 9- 10 years now and she is like a sister to me. heather has helped me through so many uncertain times in my life and was so patient with me during those times , i dont remember at anytime ever fighting with Heather. We have gotton ourselves into trouble in our younger days, and we were motivation for one another when trying to get fit.
    So yes i love my Hevs, she is a great friend.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Ooop! I forgot my husband, Mike! I love him to death and I know that he will always be there for me. I think sometimes I take him for granted and forget him because he's always here.

Thank you Wolfie!

Nice thread

Yes, although two of my best RL friends are PT members as well (jenfer and veegan). I see veegan everyday since she's my roommate and we've been friends for 13 years now . Jenfer I usually see at least once a week

I do have two close friends outside of PT...

Justin I have known for 7 years. We're incredibly close, we can talk to each other about anything. He's currently attending the University of Kentucky and I miss him like crazy However, I am going to be visiting him towards the end of next month

Cerissa I have known for 6 years. She's very sweet, a lot of fun. Cerissa is also in college, although her school is only about 2 hours away so I'm able to see her about once a month

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Nope, I seem to be one of those people that have good friends for certain periods of my life. I had good friends growing up but lost touch with them after we graduated high school and then I had good friends in college but soon lost touch after graduation. When I worked I had some good friends but lost touch after they or I left work. I've been so consumed with my parents the past several years that I haven't had the chance to meet anyone.

My husband and I started dating almost 20 years ago in high school and we've been married 14 years. He's my only constant and he is my one and only best friend.

From Decker with Love

yes. and i know that i am lucky. my friends and i do everything together and i love them dearly.

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

Things have been a bit rocky between my friends and I, but I know they will always be there for me, as I will be for them.
    Last edited by dogs_4_me; 11-14-2004 at 10:32 PM.

Yes.

Brittany has been my one true friend for about 13 or so years. We've been friends since babys. Our moms are best friends too, so thats what started it all.

Me and her are like sisters, we even call eachother "sis" too. Me and her can talk about anything. absolutly anything without embarrassment. We can talk on the phone all night without being bored. And everytime we are together, something ALWAYS happens to us, and it always turns out funny. She's always their to hear my problems or something. I always do the same for her.

Britt was about my only friend growing up, until I met my other great friends.

None of my friends will ever compare to her.

(friends outside of PT)

I have to say that my very best friends would be my
    family.
    My Aunt has been my ear and my psychiatrist.
    All of my sisters have been my support and one
    of them keeps me busy.
    2 friends that I met on an Akita list years ago,
    have also been their too.

Just yestuday I received a CD in a book called
    I hope you Dance by one of them.

Even though I have had many set backs,
    I realized I am truely blessed.

(My dogs are right up their too.)

----<---<--<{(@

I have one Trudy I met about 20 years ago .I was signing up my daughter for Daisy girl scouts and as I homeschooled I wanted a troop that had some others in it. Trudywas in a meeting and jumped and requested we be put in her troop . The rest as they say is histroy.
    Here is Trudy takem on my trip to Washington this last month. Her youngest daughter (i was there to help deliver this one )
    My best freind is hubby also don't know what I would do with out him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've got lots of really good friends like that...gosh, do I feel very blessed! There's Diana my best friend, and I've known her for almost 10 years now (3/4 of my life!) and though we've fought here and there, we've always been great buddies.

Then there's Lindsey, Kathryn, Amee, and Katie...they've always been my buddies, even though I've only known them almost 4 years tops. Lindsey, Kat and I are three great friends, and have promised to be buddies forever, same with Diana. So I feel pretty lucky for my close friends (sisters, really!), as well as family too (and of course Blaze!)...God has blessed me with each of them, AND their pets!!! (I love their horses, dogs, and animals too!!!)

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins