Thread: Christmas gift question for parents....

Christmas gift question for parents....

I want to buy my parents something REALLY special this year!
    With my Dad having the prostate cancer & heart condition & my Mom having to take care of my Grandma when she was sick from the stroke & taking care of my dad when he felt ill........
    I REALLY want to do something nice for them & make them feel appreciated for what they have gone through so far this year.
    Does anyone have ideas?
    A friend suggested a weekend getaway at a hotel but I don't know that they would want to travel too far. My Dad still gets fairly sick from radiation treatments.
    I just want it to be something different from the "usual" Christmas gifts.
    Thanks,
    Tina

An album. Go find some old pictures from over the years (they must have many in an old box or stashed away somewhere) put together an album with maybe parts of some old letters or something. You don't have to cut up the letters, photocopy them and then cut out a sentence or two? Or a paragraph? A memento could be put in the album too. I promise you, it will make them smile and talk and remember and yes, maybe a tear or two but that's OK too.

I can see why you would want to do somie thing really special. I can't think of anything right off the bat but I will think on it.

How are you and your family doing?

From Decker with Love

Do you have a dvd burner? or do you have a friend who has one you can use? And a decent scanner?

Dig up all the photos you can of your family, your parents growing up, getting married, etc. You, any siblings, your parents siblings, your grandparents, etc. Then what you do is you make a kind of a slide show, in chronological order. Set it to music, do 'chapters' by years, eg. 1965-1975. Have it go right up to present day, end it with the most recent family picture you have and an I Love You!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Originally posted by heinz57_79
    Do you have a dvd burner? or do you have a friend who has one you can use? And a decent scanner?

Dig up all the photos you can of your family, your parents growing up, getting married, etc. You, any siblings, your parents siblings, your grandparents, etc. Then what you do is you make a kind of a slide show, in chronological order. Set it to music, do 'chapters' by years, eg. 1965-1975. Have it go right up to present day, end it with the most recent family picture you have and an I Love You!

This is a wonderful idea!!!!!
    My husband did this with our wedding pictures, and it was amazing!!!
    If you do not have everything available to do this, I love Laurie's idea of the album as well.
    Both will be meaningful and sure to be cherished by your parents.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

The photo album/dvd is a great idea.

Also consider a series on "dinner in" certificates, where on any day they choose you will bring them a "catered dinner" in the comfort of their own home. Take-out from a favorite restaurant, a bunch of flowers and candles for the dinner table ... all included!