Thread: Grr..why is Highschool so hard!

Grr..why is Highschool so hard!

This is my first year of highschool,Ninth Grade,ive been doing pretty good but lately,ive been failing so many tests I really do try to study every night,but i always get too distracted by other things.Like the computer or the TV. Like,my worst grade ive had so far was a 40 on a test i feel soo bad,and im scared to tell my parents,and theyre going to ask me why i did so horrible.Im just scared of failing,i guess.The classes im having to most trouble with is Science and English,ya i know,two easy subjects but i just have trouble.
    I do all my homework.Ive never gotten a Zero on anything.
    here are my current grades....

Choir-100
    World Geography-87
    Int Physics and Chemistry-76
    Algebra 1-77
    German-91
    English-75

My grades arent too terrible,i dont have a D,yet,but im VERY close.
    why is school so hard...

Re: Grr..why is Highschool so hard!

Originally posted by sammy101

Choir-100
    World Geography-87
    Int Physics and Chemistry-76
    Algebra 1-77
    German-91
    English-75
    First of all those grades are bad I find it hard to focus on studying as well, I find it's easier to go somewhere where there are no distractions, lol I know it's weird but I usually just go to a near by park and sit on a bench by the river and study .

I hope things start getting better for you

I totally understand I am in the 10th grade...your freshman year is always the hardest I just got my report card today and I had one bad grade in my worst subject...I can help you with english I am in a pre ap class and it just comes easy to me I took I.P.C. last year so if you need any help I am here and I am in Algebra ll this year so I have already taken algebra in the 8th grade(I and some others in my grade are a year ahead of the rest of the class in math) so if you ever need any help just pm and I would be more than happy to do my best to help you cause believe me I know how hard high school is ...and I know that you are scared to tell your parents but I learned the hard way that it is better to tell them then have them find out ....they can be understanding sometimes ...{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} it will all be okay
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

I'm sorry it's getting hard for you. Those grades really aren't that bad.

I'm in 10th grade, and they're REALLY packing on the work this year (All of my classes are College Prep courses, and I go to a brand new school that just opened up this school year). Last year it wasn't so bad, and the work load was definitely much lighter.

Do they offer tutoring at your school? I'm not doing very well in Geometry, and sometimes I'll go to my Math teacher and ask her for help at Nutrition/Lunch with some friends.

As for the studying issue, it's also hard for me to concentrate as well. Especially if I don't really understand it in the first place. Is there a spot in your house where it could be *quiet* for you to study, without any distractions?

Good Luck. I hope it gets better for you.

You are doing fine in my eyes! Keep trying!

thank you so much.I will PM you guys if i ever need any help.

I'm in 11th grade....I am not telling you my grades...haha- for a good reason. Keep up the good work, you're beating me.

I'm slacking a lot right now...I basically have all C's and one or two B's, rather have that then all D's and one or two F's though!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Ah, high school... Enjoy it while you can!

Freshman year was soooooo easy for me!
    Junior year is the hardest year of high school for most people, and senior year can be pretty tough if you start slacking off (I got very bad senioritis! haha)

If I were you, I would try to focus on school work as hard as you can right now, especially if you're planning on getting into a good college. If you're having a tough time now, things will only get much harder. 10th is pretty bad, but in 11th grade teachers usually really cram you up with work, classes are tougher, and in 11th grade you also start preparing for college.

I agree with you, school is NOT easy, but it is meant to be a challenge. Teachers are 99.9% of the time always available for you if you need one-on-one help, so don't be afraid to ask for help. I've done it several times before and trust me, it really helps!! Also, ask if there is any extra credit you can do to help raise your grade(s).

Good luck, and don't give up!

Aw, hang in there! I feel your pain!

I'm in Grade 12 right now and not doing to well at all...

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Im in 10th grade right now and Ive found that u really do have to put forth some extra effort in high school.talk to ur teachers about things you don't understand and when you have a test,study.I used to be able to get away with not studying for tests, but in high school thats hard to do.Good Luck!
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~