Thread: Pet Insurance

Pet Insurance

Hi again!!

Here's another question!

Does anyone on this thread have pet insurance? Does anyone know if it's worth it? Is it a scam?

I have the yearly visit for my two kitties next month and it is probably going to cost me around $300 for both. The pet insurance would reimburse me $150. Then again, the insurance itself would set me back $400/yr.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks for all your help,
    C

I know some people who have it. Be careful which policy you get. Some of them don't cover a lot of things. Most of them won't cover problems that are thought to be genetic and common to a breed. I can't find one that would cover a husky's eyes. I have a friend with a Golden Retriever who is always into something. The insurance has been worth it for her. With the number of animals I have, it's not worth it. I just take 100 bucks every paycheque and put it in a special "vet savings" account. Then I use that account only for vet expenses. It's worked out great in a couple emergency situations.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I have pet insurance for my two and for now it's not doing a thing for me right now as it doesn't cover regular "maintenance" vet visits; just traumatic illness or injury. I pay about $20 a month for both cats. After going through cancer with my RB Goldie I figured the insurance was worth it if anything should happen to my current two.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Well, I have to say i checked out petinsurance.com and they have your typical $12/mo insurance BUT they also have an additional $8/mo vaccination and routine care package. That package might make it worth it only because it reimburses you for your vet visits $20, $40 for shots.. etc..

something to consider. i haven't decided if I should sign up or not. It would really only be for peace of mind. I had one friend who just had her cat go through the urinary blockage surgery and she was hurting financially--i would never want to have to choose between money and the health of my kitties.

thanks for your everyone's insight..
    Thanks for all your help,
    C

I have been thinking about it but my cat population keeps increasing

I have the basic pet insurance plan for all three. It doesnt cover the shots etc but that is not why I have it . It's for serious illness etc. $100 deductible then it's 80/20 coverage. With all of RB Butterscotchs vet bills I was very happy to have the coverage and we got insurance money back from the claim. $10.65 first pet & $9.58 for each additional pet (per month) when you have 3 or more. It allows me to sleep well a night
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Like everything,you have to read,the fine print! In my mind,print,that small,should be illegal,as it is far too small,to see,even,with a magnifying Glass,and they have cheated us all,too long,with that tatic.I cant get Pet Insuarnce,as they will not cover,Cats,that are older than 8,when they really need it,the most.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS