Thread: new job tomorrow!!

new job tomorrow!!

Hey, everyone. I've been unemployed since September 28th, and, have been searching for jobs since about the first of October. I finally got one! YAY! I'll be the receptionist at a posh little Dallas salon. It's a really big responsibility, actually, bigger than any other job I've ever had. So, I'm pretty nervous about it. It's a lot of sales, product and service knowledge, answering phones, placing/taking orders, getting more clients, etc. Yikes. It's actually kind of managerial. But, hopefully, it's something I will enjoy. At least for now, it's a job! I haven't had a morning job in about four years, though, so, that will be tough for me getting up at seven am. Ick. I really need some good, positive energy coming my way, though. Ha ha.

The salon is really cute, and, the owner is super cool (at least so far!). I met him and a lot of the stylists at another salon (where I go to get my hair done) on Monday. I went with my niece to be a model for a line of color that they were demonstrating at the salon. So, I got my hair done for free, and, I got a job out of it. Not too shabby! Oh, and, the owner's little red smooth haired dachshund is always with him, so, there's Corkscrew running around the salon all day! That'll be nice! I wonder if they'd be ok with Finn hanging out, too. Ha ha....

Anywho, I'm nervous, and, rambling. Wish me luck, y'all! And, I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow night.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Congratulations! You'll do great.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Congratulations! And just think...you're hair will always look great! All my friends that work in salons always seem to have perfect hair and the coolest styles.

Thank you Wolfie!

Sending you good vibes to settle the nerves . Just remember love the dog and the boss will over look lots of flaws (if you have any)( love my dog love me)

Sounds fun! Good luck with your job!
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Sounds great! Remember to smile, and if you makes mistakes, say sorry sincerely. I need a haircut, too bad your salon isn't a little closer ...

thanks, everyone! i'm getting ready to get in the shower, and, head out to dallas here in a bit. it's weird being up this early, with no intention of going back to sleep. it's actually been so nice not working, i really feel like going back to bed. ha ha, but, i'm also excited. it'll be so different! and, yeah, i love his little dog! he's spoiled rotten, but, that's ok. his name is corkscrew cuz his little doxie tail turns into a little piggie tail, right at the very end. he was born that way! once i'm there and am a bit more comfortable, i'll take photographs for you all. of course, they'll sit on my desk with all of finn's photos, too. waiting for a dang scanner! and, yikes, once i move into my own apartment (within a month or so), i won't even have a computer....boo hoo! public library it is.....anywhoo.....i'll update you guys later on how my day went.....thanks for the well wishes......

Thanks, Dogz!

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Hey, everyone (if anyone's still interested!). I made it through my second day on the job. I like it a lot, as of right now. I think I'll know for sure if it's me within the first week or so. So far, I think the owner is cool with me, let's hope I'm right. He seems pretty high maintenance. His dog, Corkscrew, really likes me, and, I spent a lot of time yesterday and today cuddling with him. So, that part is easy. I'm getting to know a lot of the clients, and, have seen some really good looking men. Goodness! The guy I really liked today was younger than me, but, very cute. His name's Charles and his sister got her hair done yesterday, she's really cute, too. I hope to see them both again, as they seem to be nice people. Obviously, I'd like to see Charles sooner. Anyway, tomorrow morning, I'm meeting most of the people from the salon at a hotel in Addison to attend a seminar demonstrating hair extensions. One of the girls there is actually going to get them next week. Should be cool. And, monday, we're supposed to be having some sort of product knowledge class at the salon. I won't be getting paid either day, but, it should be beneficial in the long run to go to both classes. Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted if you want me to.... I'm just glad to have something to do again.

Thanks, Dogz!

Sounds great so far!

Sounds like fun so far... I hope you settle in and really enjoy it there as time passes!

Lilith
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi