Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have to have a spinal tap tomorrow!!

I have to have a spinal tap tomorrow!!

I am going tomorrow at 3:00 and I am scared out of my mind. I know people get spinal taps everyday, but this will be my first.

I have to have one because I have a neurological disorder. It's called Pseudotumor Cerebri, also known as increased intercrainal pressure. Here's a link that tells all about it.
    http://www.eyemdlink.com/Condition.asp?ConditionID=367
    After everything else has been ruled out, I will be on Diamox for about a year to decrease the pressure in my brain.

I had a cat scan on Monday to rule out a brain tumor (whew!!)
    So now I have to have a spinal tap to confirm that I have Pseudotumor Cerebri, then on Wednesday the 17th at 3:00 I have to have a MRI and a MRV to rule out anything else... blood clots... etc.

Along with going through all of this, my sister (as some of you know) was diagnosed with thyroid cancer on Friday the 5th and will be having her thyroid removed on Tuesday the 16th. Her Dr's are confident she will have a 100% recovery, it was caught VERY early.

So... I am asking for prayers for myself and my family while my sister and I are going through all of this. I am blessed to have such a close and loving family that has been here for my sister and I though all of this, but we all could benefit from a few extra prayers!!

I am SO freaked out about getting the spinal tap tomorrow. I haven't slept in two nights.... I just can't stop thinking about it. Please, if anyone here has had one, please tell me what I should expect, what I should do to prepare myself...etc.
    Thank you all ahead of time!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Wow, such a lot to deal with all at once. How wonderful that you have a loving and supportive family. It can mean the world to you when you are going through diagnosis and treatment.

Prayers for you, your sister and your wonderful family being sent by me and the kids!

Sending many good thoughts that all will go well tomarrow.
    (((HUGS)))

----<---<--<{(@

I don't have any advice for you, but I will be keeping you, your sister and your whole family in my prayers.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I had it after they removed my brain tumor. They check the intracranial fluid that way. It was no fun and it hurted but I don't think it is dangerous. If you are a sissy like me (I have to turn my head away when they take blood or I would faint ) then of course you will be scared. I always try to tell me it's not rational........

Best wishes for you coming over for you and your family. And don't forget: We will survive

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

(We better Call Him) <picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

We need a lil Help down here onna ole Durt Ball ~
    fur Angie an her Sister...

They gotta have sum *stuff* dun, an we'd 'preciate it iffin You
    kuld drop in wiff da White Coats an Help out.

Miz Angie iz purdy nerbus bout tumorrow -
    maybee You kuld hold her HandPaw.

An pleeze be wiff Sis when she haz da SirJury -
    havin You there will be a BIG Kumfort!

We'll all be sendin up Purrayerz that all goze *well*
    fur boff of da Gurlz!

Thanks God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Barbara, yes I am a sissy!! I had to have an IV put in for the dye when I had my cat scan on Monday and almost passed out. They had to put me on a bed to make sure I didn't fall while walking down the hall to the cat scan machine!!

I just can't wait till it's over!!! I can't stop thinking about it. I've been so worked up over this for the past few days, and Buddy has picked up on this and has been a basket case right along with me!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

Thank you SOOOO much Cinder and Smoke (Phred)

You always say the most wonderful things!!!

Thank you!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

I know they hurt really badly. I'd be scared, too, but, I'm also a sissy. It's not the end of the world kindof pain, but, I've heard it definitely hurts. My brother (who's 31 now) had leukemia when he was five to ten, and, he had to get them all the time. And, my mom said it was so hard to be there and watch a little kid like that hurting so bad. And, he had to get them ALL THE TIME. But, you will be fine. I won't even tell you to be strong, cuz I know I'd be screaming and crying like a big baby. I'll be thinking of you!

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

My thought is that whatever it takes to know exactly what you are dealing with is a good thing for you, even if it is scary and painful. Be brave! We want you to be just fine and to have proper treatment for whatever is going on inside your body. Isn't medical technology amazing? 20 years ago, many things that they can do now wouldn't have been possible.

Your sister and you are in our prayers. I hope you can check in with an update on both of you soon.

Logan

Good luck. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

From Decker with Love

Yikes Angie!!! I will certainly keep you and your sister in my thoughts and prayers!
    That is a lot for a family to go thru..
    I will keep pray that everything for both of you comes out fine.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Sending prayers and warm wishes!!

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I would be scared as well, it does not sound like a nice thing to have to go through, I wish you all the best, and hope that it will not be too bad, and that the positive thing will be in knowing how to deal with your condition and give you the best quality of life.

I really feel for you, and we will all be there in spirit holding your hand, and hoping it will be over with soon, the waiting is the hard bit, and the nerves begin to build up, Good luck sweetie.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️