Thread: Been Gone For A While

Been Gone For A While

Hi!

I have been away from PT for some time. I pop in every now and then to see what is going on. All's well, I guess.

Drake is doing great. We enjoy our morning jogs still, even though it has gotten colder. I hate layering up! Andrew, Drake, and I are travelling on the weekends. We haven't been anywhere in 2 weeks, but will be going to Belgium next weekend. And then to Prague for Thankgiving. Drake will be taking his first long distance train ride then! We have many other trips planned including a road trip like the one we took to Spain but this time we are going to go to Italy. Most likely in the Spring.

I have been working now for a few weeks. I like my new job. I am doing something I love, it pays very very well, I have Thursdays off, and I only work 6 hours a day. Isn't that great?! I am an Arabic Language Instructor on base. I train the linguists that are going to go to Iraq as interpretors.

Andrew gets deployed again in June. Back to Iraq We are not too happy about that. Drake and I are considering going back to GA when Andrew leaves. We want to buy a house there and I plan on going back to school for a BA in Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management. We'll get to all that when the time comes.

My brothers and my parents are coming for the winter holidays to see us. It is great and I can't wait!! The entire family hasn't been together all at the same time for 7 years now!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Great to hear from you! Your job sounds great!

Sounds like things are going well for you all!
    I'm sure your family will have a wonderful holiday season being together!!!
    I pray for Andrew and all the others that are in Irac and/or going to be in Irac, I pray for their safe return. Do you already know how long he's going to be deployed for??

When you come back to the states, you're not going to have any of the interesting travels you've had while being there!!! You will have stories to tell people for years and years to come!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Angie, Andrew will be depolyed for a year. When he returns, we will be moving again.

I know. I am going to miss all the travelling we do here in Europe. But we travelled alot in America as well and always had a great time. Different kind of travelling, I guess. We have seen some wonderful things here!

Hey Souraya! It's great to hear from you. Sorry Andrew is getting deployed again. Tell him I wish him well.

Any recent pics of your travels? Give Drake a huge hug for me.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Re: Been Gone For A While

Good to hear from you.
    I am sorry that Andrew is being deployed to Iraq.
    My nephew who is out of the Army but joined
    the National Guards is going to Egypt after
    Christmas.
    I will be thinking many good thoughts to you.

Belgium should be very nice and don't forget to pick
    up chocolate.
    I am glad you like your new job. Sounds
    like a dream, doing something you
    love and getting paid well too.

Hope to see some pictures of everybody.
    Karen

----<---<--<{(@

I am so happy to hear from you, Souraya. I think of you often and Helen and Scott often ask how things are for you and Andrew, as well. I update them as often as you update us.

I know that living in Germany, even with Andrew there, is a very different thing for you, but I'm sure that one day, you will look back and be so glad that you have been able to travel and see the world the way you have. How wonderful that you and Andrew are getting to see so many places, and Drake too! If you do decide to come back to Georgia, we'll be sure to get together as much as possible and keep you occupied until he returns from Iraq.

Please give my love to Andrew, and Drake, too, of course!

Pop me a PM or Email if you get a second. I lost my address book, once again, due to a computer virus and I'm rebuilding it, once again.

Love,
    Logan

It is good to hear from you again. Be sure to take lots of pictures on your trips!

Thank you Wolfie!

Souraya, where are you and Andrew originally from? Is he in the US military?

Thank you Wolfie!

Souraya, it's so good to hear about your new job- and on the other hand feeling a little scared because Andrew will have to go back to Iraq.

Belgium is great- I wish you and Drake all the fun of the world.

It's nice to hear an update from you Souraya.
    Italy is beautiful, make sure you take lots of photos when you go there.

There are a couple of new Wolfdog owners here on Pet Talk now. You should look up their threads, one of them is WRR.
    I would love to see some new photos of Drake if you have any to post.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Drake pictures? OH, would ANYONE here like to see more Drake pictures? What I would really like to see, print, have forever - would be a picture of You, Andrew, Drake together. It's not like I don't have any but I must confess I have a whole folder/album of YOU, Andrew and my love, Drake Take care. Walk with care. Know how very special you three.. well, by this time your whole family, are in our thoughts sooo much
    Laurie

Hi Souraya!
    I'm delighted to hear that you are enjoying your work but saddened to hear that Andrew will be deployed again. I cannot imagine how difficult that must be.
    I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and enjoy the company of your *entire* family - what a treat!
    Thanks for thinking of us and keeping us updated.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*