Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are men so dumb sometimes?

Why are men so dumb sometimes?

For some reason, if Kirin and Sushi are "loose" (meaning having run of the house) they prefer to drink water from Samantha's bowl as opposed to their own. Don't know why. So because I've been treating their ailments (Kirin's URI, Sushi's conjunctivitis) by putting terramycin in their water, I want them to drink only THAT water so they'll get the antibiotic.

This morning, I asked my husband to clean out the litter box and put it in the spare bathroom. I moved their crunchies and water up there as well and left, thinking that he didn't need any further instruction to put the cats in there and close the door as well.

I came home early (not feeling well) and was greeted by Samantha, as usual... and Sushi... and Kirin. My husband MOVED the litter box but didn't shut the boys in the spare room! Since their food was left unprotected, Samantha ate it all so the poor kitties have been starving all day AND not drinking their treated water!

And he wonders why I feel I have to give him 4 instructions to do 1 simple thing! What a weiner. So now, instead of having had them only having access to their own water from 9am-2pm, I'm going to have to put them up there NOW for a few hours, and miss having them around.

*sigh*

Men.

Sweetie if you want a job done properly, my motto is do it yourself, especially where our lovely men are concerned.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Carole, I completely agree... except I was feeling some effects of a few beverages I had last night and didn't feel like doing much of anything this morning... If you catch my drift.

Boy can I relate to this story! We TNR the park cats and seclude them out on our patio until we can release them. The other morning after a successful trapping session he released them. I came home to their food and water dishes still setting on the patio, and the trap cover wadded up and laying there, along with the trap. Now keep in mind you're suppose to bleach all this stuff before you use again, including trap, so you don't expose anything to any other cats. We have several ferals that come in our backyard to feed and drink and now I don't know if they were exposed to this stuff. Sometimes I could just scream!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

AMEN to that Samantha! They dont want to be treated like a kid but refuse to act like an adult!! haha

Husbands try hard (sometimes) but they just are incapable of doing the job we wives do. Next time don't assume he will get it cause he won't. It's like talking to your children, explain, explain, explain and check up on the results later.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

An ex-boyfriend explained it to me: If you do a lousy job, you won't be asked to do it again.

Originally posted by CatsinDenver
    An ex-boyfriend explained it to me: If you do a lousy job, you won't be asked to do it again.
    My husbands excuse for everything use to be "I don't know how to do it." He'd use that one to get out of doing laundry, cooking something simple etc. My response to that was "If you can work on a tank for a living I know you're not to ignorant to figure out how to follow the directions on the back of a box of macaroni and cheese or a pizza. I also bought a DIY car manual and try and fix on my own car when it messes up! hehe I like to show him how smart I can be just to show him how silly he sounds sometimes about little stuff. Plus I enjoy messing under a hood. BTW if he doesn't do something right I also leave him more stuff to do until it's done right. I'll go on complete strike sometimes until he gets the point!

Don't EVEN get me started..... Now you know why I am single and will remaine that way!

(MY sisters husband can't even figure out how to tie a garbage bags if it don' t have those yellow tie strings.. Says 'HOW DO YOU TIE THE STUIPD THING????")

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Boy do I know what you mean! When I went away for a few days, I had left explicit instructions to feed and water the fosters, and to scoop the box. Well, I called from the hotel night #1, and was ASSURED the cats were all fed and watered.... then twenty minutes later I got a franctic phone call saying they couldn't find the food. Now, I wonder... how can they have been fed if hubby can't find the food? I told him several times that the kittens needed to be fed several times a day. Poor babies got fed at 7:00 in the morning and not again til nearly 10:00 at night. They must have been starving! I won't even go into the state of the litterboxes when I got home. They swore they scooped twice a day... just swishing the clumps around doesn't count as scooping!

I agree.... MEN!

(oh, I'm sure RICHARD will love this man-bashing thread! )

I hope Richard don't get offended too... Maybe he can shed some light on the topic, from a mans point of view.

catnapper... I BET yours actually thought THAT was scooping!

ME? Offended????

I haven't tried to give birth, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

------------------------------

Separate the colors from the whites.
    Vinegar and newspapers clean glass.
    Peanut butter gets gum out of hair.
    Wipe front to back.

I'm domesticated.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

They just don't get the details.

Originally posted by Denyce
    They just don't get the details.
    Woman- Oh, Honey feed the cats before you leave!

Husband- I will sweetie- I love you to the ends of the planet, Have a Great day!

W- That's MY man......

Later.

Husband- Geez, I've folded the laundry, washed and waxed the car and cooked dinner, it's time to feed the cats..........let's see...
    Whiskers wet food, Meow Mix, Purina One, Friskies.......

I'll just pour a little Friskies for the kids......change the water and rake thru the litter box..........

Much later.....

Woman -I'm home!!!

Man- Here let me give the woman of my life a huge kiss...mmmmmm.......

Woman - Well I see you cleaned up the house and shampooed the rug today.....

H- Anything for you!

W- Did you feed the cats?

H- Yeah, I poured them some Friskies..

W- WHY DID YOU DO THAT??????

Are you stupid??? THEY ONLY GET FRISKIES ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON..

H- But, you didn't.....

W- YOU NEVER FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS......

H-But.......

W-HUH.....

(Woman throws up hands and storms out of room....)
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

LOL Richard

I was amazed at my hubby today. I came home for lunch and went to go scoop the box (it was overdue...) and the hubby said.....

"I'll get it honey"

and he did it too! He even is cooking dinner (should be done when I get home he says) and is cleaning the house!

Im not sure if I should be reallly glad or frightened! Hehe, I do love my man though, even when he acts like a dork