Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8th grade books?

8th grade books?

Any ideas/suggesions for a novel for my 8th grader? It seems hard to find something I think I need to go to a book store it seems to go from grade school to adult? She doesn't like to read so I want it to be something that a boy crazy 13 year old can relate to.

hmm what about the sweet valley seris? they come for most ages, their is sweetvalley kids for young kids, sweet valley twins for a little older, sweetvalley high for older still, sweetvalley univarsity for even older, and Elizibeth which only follows one of the twins and her life in europe after she ran away there and ended up a maid lol for a 13 year old I would recomend sweet valley high and up, they have so many is the seris and they have spot light books, and super thrillers etc..
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

A Walk to Remember (a romance novel) was an easy book to read. It was very thought provoking but was still simple enough for a novice reader, like myself, to understand.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

well i am 13 i love this book
    morning star or the refomation
    and i hate to read

well it's also gives you knoledge of the reformation

I really like Danielle Steel and Mary Higgins Clark, both authors are easy to read.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

My husband is an 8th grade teacher, and he read one to his class called "Loser" to his kids. He doesn't know the author. He aid it was really good, with a good message. Another is "Hoot" - again no author known.

Of course he recommends Harry Potter. He'll check out what his students are reading for more ideas.

I remember reading the book "The Chrysalids" by John Wyndham. It was pretty good we read that in grade 7 or 8. "The Lottery" by beth Goobie was great as well.

I was in eighth grade last year,and honestly,i only read the teen magazines like YM,seventeen,Teen people,etc.
    lol

Madeleine L'Engle... A Wrinkle in Time is a good book!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

here are some books that i just love!!!!
    princess in pink
    princess in love
    princess lessons
    -all by meg cabot
    (there are many)

[SIZE=4]chriian books!!!!

left behind series
    -all by jerry b. jenkins
    tim lahaye
    (there are many)

the cronicles of narnia
    -all by c.s. lewis
    (there are many)

those are my favorites and i am 13

opps i mean christian books

The Harry Potter books are winners. Starting from the beginning is best, but they're all stand-alone novels so if the first one gets a little boring, she can move on to the next.

I'd recommend the Heartland series. I, personally, like horses, but am definately not crazy over them. The Heartland series is about healing horses, they're wonderful, wonderful books by Lauren Brooke. They are amazing

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Thanks for all the suggestion...I really love to read but I could never get into harry potter. I love danielle steel but there may be some adult situations in those.

I will go to the bookstore today...thanks.

I went out and bought "a great and terrible beauty" I went to our local library's list of teens 10 top favorites and I remembered that I had seen this at target. Hopefully she will like it it is about a girl whose mother dies and her father sends her off to boarding school...she has some kind of powers.