Thread: Lucy is attacking her tail

Lucy is attacking her tail

Shortly after we we brought our infant son home 7 weeks ago, Lucy started to attack her own tail. At first we thought it was a fun game for her but she shrieks when she does it; earlier today she caught a claw on it or something because she screamed even louder than normal. We're still giving her attention (maybe just not as much).

Any advice out there? Thanks!

http://www.catster.com/?56333

What can i tell you? Cats are very strange creature and hard to figure out just why they do the things they do. It sounds to me that your kitten is just playing, and maybe doesn't realize that it is her that is hurting her tail. She'll catch on eventully. All kittens do the tail chase thing don't worry about it.

my cat does the same thing!!!

stephanie,
    i sighned up for this pet talk because I was searching the net trying to find out why my cat does that, and my search engine showed me your question. I just had to tell you that your not the only one with a crazy cat, on another site this was their answer... Well, this could be different things. He could have parasites of some sort. He could have had something happen to his tail. If a cat's tail is bugging them, they will often "attack" it. It could also be obsessive compulsive disorder. You need to have your vet take a look at it. Some cats have had to have the irritated part or even the whole tail removed to prevent infection and furthur attacking it. I encourage you to see your vet. I hope this helped. Have a good night.eir answer...

I ment konagirl, not stephanie

If it is a stress reaction - to the new baby (congratulations!) - often Rescue Remedy or Feliway can reduce the stress and the actions.

Have you checked her tail to see if anything is on it? A sore or something?

How old is she?

A vet should be able to help you figure this out.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Cats With Issues Tv

Hello fellow cat lover,
    You can have your baby and your cat too. If you are interested in sharing your story with other families, consider the help of our trained veterinarian cat behaviorist, who will make a housecall and bring the help you nee. Contact [email protected] for further info.